5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH
- Electronic chems & pharma lead. Tong, Alfred; Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 476, p17
Presents an outlook on the specialty chemicals industry in Asia in 2005. Move being made by Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corp. to expand the business of its specialty products; Expecation on the fine chemicals sales of Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd.; Contribution of electronic chemicals to the growth of...
- Sumitomo plots course to drive up profitability. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;3/12/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 57, p14
The article reports on the plans of Sumitomo Chemical to expand its net profit and revenues by focusing on value-added products and by expanding petrochemicals as part of a new business plan. The company set targets of Â¥2,400 billion for its revenues and Â¥150 billion for its net profit. It...
- Sumitomo builds up in MMA,PMMA. Sin, Caroline // Chemical Market Reporter;5/30/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 22, p18
Reports on the plan of Japan-based Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd. to build a methyl methacrylate plant and a polymethyl methacrylate plant in Jurong Island, Singapore. Total amount involved in the planned investment; Production capacity of the new plants; Reason of the company for selecting...
- TECHNOLOGY. // Chemical Week;8/29/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 32/33, p30
Reports the commercial success of Sumitomo Chemical Co. in Japan. Elimination of ammonium sulfate by-product from the oxidation of cyclohexane; Construction of chemical plant of the company; Conversion of cyclohexane.
- Sumitomo Builds Gallium Plant in China. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/30/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 5, p18
Reports that Sumitomo Chemical Co. will build a gallium plant in Shanghai, China. Expected increase in production of high purity gallium by the end of 2001.
- Sumitomo ups petchem focus. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;9/16/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 24, p19
This article reports on the plan of Sumitomo Chemical to reorganize the structure of its petrochemicals business to sharpen focus on development.
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;3/26/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 12, p12
Presents business updates on the chemical industry in Asia-Pacific region, as of March 26, 2003. Expansion of the chemical plant of Sumitomo Chemicals in Japan; Joint venture deal formed by Light Chemical Industries in China.
- A Middle-Eastern hub. // Asian Chemical News;2/23/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 434, SPECIAL SECTION p9
Highlights the expansion of the petrochemical complex of Borouge in Ruwais, United Arab Emirates (UAE) in February 2004. Increase in polyethylene capacity of being targeted by the company; Viability of UAE as a chemical logistics hub; Features of the electronic logistics service being developed...
- Borouge 3 to start up in early 2014 says company. Borouge // ICIS Chemical Business;6/10/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 20, Special section p9
The article offers updates on the petrochemical capacity expansion of Borouge at Ruwais in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. It notes that the Borouge complex, called Borouge 3, is expected to be completed late in 2013 with commercial production expected to begin in early 2014. It adds that the...