5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;3/29/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 11, p51
The article offers news briefs on the chemical industry as of March 29, 2006. Helm has signed a deal with Kuwait Petroleum Italia to market propylene. Teknor Apex has started production of nylon compounds in Singapore. Celanese Chemicals and Dow Chemical are separately seeking price increases...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;5/9/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2146, p12
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of May 9, 2005. Increase in off-list selling prices of solvent products at Celanese Chemicals; Plan of fertiliser producer Terra Industries to shutdown its ammonia plant in Louisiana; Price increase in epoxy resins in western and eastern Europe.
- Europe in Brief. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;01/08/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 2, p6
Provides updates related to chemical manufacturers in Europe as of January 8, 2001. Details on the asthma treatment drug of Astrazeneca company approved by European Union states; Move of Celanese Chemicals Europe GmbH to sell its catalyst business to ICI Synetix; Plan of Dead Sea Works company...
- Grande Paroisse Seeks European Partnership. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;3/8/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 10, p20
Announces the search of Grande Paroisse (GP) of Paris, France for a partnership with other European fertilizer producers. Remarks from Jean-Louis Besson, chief executive of GP; Companies eyed by industry observers; Sales of GP in 1999.
- News projects hot sheet. // Chemical Week;7/29/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 28, p20
Presents news briefs on chemical industry. Plan of Grand Paroisse company to expand the ammonia, urea and nitric acid capacity at its site at Toulouse, France; Expansion plan of Velsicol Chemical company based in Rosemont, Illinois; Increase in capacity for glycol ethers at Ludwigshafen,...
- Celanese and Hatco Enter Lubricants Venture. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/11/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 10, p2
Focuses on the agreement signed by Celanese Chemicals Europe GmbH with Hatco Corp. to form a joint venture for the production and sale of neo polyol esters (NPE). Information on Hatco; Terms of the agreement.
- Asia naphtha weakens on petchems. LOO, FELICIA // ICIS Chemical Business;6/17/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 21, p23
The article reports on the condition of the naphtha industry in Asia as of June 2013. It forecasts the Asian naphtha market to become weak following concerns on petroleum chemical demand and cargo supply in the U.S. It notes that naphtha prices increased by $3.50 per tonne to $861.50-863.50 per...
- petrochemicals In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/20/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 9, p7
Presents news briefs pertaining to the chemical sector compiled as of September 2004. Celanese Chemicals' plans in increasing the price of its propylene oxide and propylene glycol products in North and Latin America; Increase in the price of Solvay Chemicals' Capa caprolactone product line...
- Fertiliser prices creep upwards as spring is delayed by wild weather. Chesher, Roger // Farmers Weekly;2/26/2010, Vol. 152 Issue 8, p24
The article reports on the increase in the prices of fertilisers, such as potash and phosphate in Great Britain in February 2010 as unstable weather has delayed the spring season for about a month.