Tax turns Methanor green
- Plant outage intensifies European methanol problems. Wiesmann, Gerrit // Chemical Week;7/20/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 2, p12
Reports that a fire at one of Methanor's methanol plants in Netherlands has intensified European methanol problems. Effect on prices; Damage at the plant; Methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) market; Toluene market; Caution expressed on prices.
- Methanor Ups Methanol in the Netherlands. // Chemical Week;2/20/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 5, p21
Reports on the plan of Methanor to expand the capacity of its methanol plant in Delfzijl, the Netherlands as of February 20, 2002. Ownership of Dynea in Methanor; Company to which Methanor has awarded the expansion contract.
- Industry players team up to advance biofuels. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Mar2013, Issue 861, p16
The article reports on the merger of biofuel developers such as Clariant, Dong Energy, and British Airways to speed up the development of biofuels in Europe.
- Dynea returns to profit. Gibson, Jane; Bains, Elizabeth // ICIS Chemical Business;4/16/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 62, p10
The article reports on the financial performance of Finnish adhesive resins producer Dynea. The company has recorded a profit of â‚¬ 51.6 million in 2006, compared with a â‚¬ 31.3 million loss in 2005. Sales rose by 9% to â‚¬780 million because of increased volumes and higher prices...
- Methanor to Exit Methanol Business; Studies Plant Conversion. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;1/25/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 3, p13
This article reports on the plans of Methanor to exit the methanol business in the Netherlands. The company, a 40-30-30 joint venture of Dynea, Akzo Nobel, and DSM, says it has closed one of its two 500,000-m.t./year production units at Delfzijl, the Netherlands. Methanor has made arrangements...
- Markets await the Rita effect. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;9/26/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2164, p35
Focuses on the anticipation of the possible impact of the onslaught of Hurricane Rita on the price of bulk chemicals. Increase in spot prices of ethylene; Other factors that affect toluene prices; Plan of methanol producer Methanor to shut down one of its lines in Delfzijl, Netherlands and...
- FEEDSTOCKS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/22/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 18, p24
The article presents news briefs related to feedstock chemicals including crossing of a pipeline, which connects with the Nord Stream AG's natural gas pipeline, to the border between Germany and the Czech Republic, investment of 1.27 billion dollars by China's Sinopec Yangzi Petrochemical to...
- LATE NEWS. Jackson, Tom; Gomez, Henry; Stacklin, Jeff; Bullard, Stan; Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p1
Presents news briefs related to several business enterprises in Ohio as of February 16, 2004. Acquisition of property tax abatement by Hyland Software Inc. for its expansion; Plans of jewelry retailer Rinaldi Jewelry to close one of its stores; Merger of Akron Appraisal Group Inc. with real...
- Methanol high on tight supply. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p35
The article reports on the tight global supply of methanol for 2006. Despite the production of 1.65 million/year of methanol by a unit in Assaluyeh, Iran, the supply is expected to be still low. The European market is adjusting to the announced closure of the plants of Methanor in Delfzijl, the...