10 YEARS AGO
- GLOBAL ROUNDUP. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;11/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 468, p4
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of November 15, 2004. Plan of Dow Chemical for the production of ethylene dichloride at its facility in Oyster Creek, Texas; Declaration of a state of emergency in Iraq; Consideration of Chinese Petrochemical Development Corp. to expand its...
- Dow signs with Sinopec and Tianjin. // Chemical Business;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p71
Reports the agreement signed between Dow Chemical Co., China Petrochemical Corp. and Tianjin Petrochemical Corp. to developed an ethylene-based complex in Beijing. Terms of the agreement; Projected time table for the completion of the complex.
- Dow Chemical forms Tianjin cracker JV with Sinopec. McElligott, Suzanne // Chemical Week;7/2/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 26, p24
Focuses on the letter of intent signed by Dow Chemical company with China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec) and Tianjin Petrochemical to jointly develop an integrated ethylene and derivatives project in Tianjin, China. Inclusions on the first stage of the project; Size of the proposed...
- Sinopec to Build Four Crackers; Dow May Rejoin Tianjin JV. Alperowicz, Natasha; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;2/18/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the plan of Sinopec to build naphtha crackers for completion between 2007 and 2010. Budget for the construction project; Builders of the chemical plants; Plan of Dow Chemical to rejoin the company.
- Sinopec and PetroChina Negotiate Mideast Ethylene JV. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/26/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 16, p19
The article reports on the possible ethylene joint venture between Sinopec and PetroChina in the Middle East. According to "South China Monitoring Post," the project would involve an investment of about $5 billion and possible partners include Kuwait Petroleum, Sabic and Saudi Aramco. The...
- The Curious Case of American Hegemony. Hendrickson, David C. // World Policy Journal;Summer2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p1
Assesses the relationship between power and commitments in the U.S. Coherence of the strategic outlook of President George W. Bush; Uses and limits of military power; Legitimacy of the government's justifications.
- Global Commodity Chemicals Industry Profile. // Commodity Chemicals Industry Profile: Global;Jan2014, p1
A profile of the global chemical industry of January 2014 is presented. Topics discussed include forecasts for the market to 2017, market value and segmentation in 2012, and the degree of rivalry among existing competitors. Also mentioned are the leading companies operating within the industry...
- Refined Ethylene Oxide: Surplus Capacity, No More High Profits. Lu Xianfeng; Zhang Yueli // China Chemical Reporter;5/6/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p19
The article reports that the capacity of ethylene oxide (EO) in expanding in China. Since the production of EO has been highly profitable in China, many private and foreign-funded companies are attracted to invest in the industry. China's EO units are owned by large petrochemical enterprises...
- Chronicle for Sinopec Group. // China Chemical Reporter;1/26/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p22
The article offers information on the Sinopec Group company, China's largest petrochemical manufacturer and its subsidiary China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec Corp.). The latter has an ethylene capacity of 6.17 millions tons in 2007 and a 28.08% increase of its net profit annually....