Markets subdued, prices flounder
- Asia BD may extend fall on ample supply. Yan, Helen // ICIS Chemical Business;10/12/2015, Issue 3681, p1
A market research report for butadiene (BD) in Asia as of September 2015 is presented from publisher Independent Chemical Information Service (ICIS) including buying trends, weakness in the upstream naphtha market, and the margins to be generated by cracker operators in the naphtha-BD market.
- Markets react to supply and demand. BRICE, ANDY // ICIS Chemical Business;4/18/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 14, p15
The article presents the author's comments on the demand, supply, and prices of various petrochemicals like naphtha, butadiene, and styrene, in April 2011.
- Naphtha consumption rose in FY12, petrochemical industry consumed more. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jun2012, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p60
The article reports on the 4.8-percent rise in the consumption of naphtha in India, wherein the petrochemical industry has consumed more, during the fiscal year (FY) 2012.
- Butadiene Pricing Climb Continues. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;3/3/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the increasing prices for butadiene in the United States. Factors attributed to the increase in butadiene prices; Price trend; Equistar Chemicals LP's energy surcharge.
- The Indian Scene. // Chemical Business;Jan1999, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p67
Provides information on the growth trends in the chemical market of India. Growth performance of the petrochemical industry; Trends in chemical production; Information on the anti-dumping duty on the drug Lovastatin; Amount of import needed for naphtha; Trends in the prices of two free...
- Europe naphtha market outlook remains bleak. PITCHES, JO // ICIS Chemical Business;9/24/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 8, p22
The article discusses the naphtha chemical market in Europe as of September 2012, noting the influence of low demand and supply surpluses. Other topics include the downward effects of an unfavorable petroleum chemical price crack spread, naphtha supply shortages in Asia, and reduced production...
- Naphtha buoyant on receding deep-sea inflows, strong demand. Loo, Felicia // ICIS Chemical Business;5/26/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 20, p14
The article considers prices of naphtha in Asia. Increases in prices of naphtha for June and July 2014 delivery in May 2014 are examined and attributed to a decline in imports to the region from Europe and the U.S. due to demand there for its use in gasoline blends, increased demand in Asia and...
- Naphtha Volatility Stalls Ethylene Contract Talks. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;9/25/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 37, p44
Reports that uncertainty about the direction of naphtha pricing has resulted in a standoff between European ethylene producers and buyers for ethylene contracts for the fourth quarter of 2002. Decline in ethylene contracts during the third quarter of 2002; Reason consumers are still targeting...
- Naphtha volatile in uncertain market. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;6/7/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2103, p14
Presents an update on petroleum chemical prices as of June 2004. Volatility of naphtha; Supply of spot material for ethylene; Export demand for butadiene.