- Asia PX producers face tight margins. Wong, Samuel // ICIS Chemical Business;2/17/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 7, p13
The article discusses the potential impact of supply and demand trends relating to purified terephthalic acid (PTA) on paraxylene manufacturers in Asia as of February 2014. Topics include global macroeconomic conditions, the margins of chemical companies such as Hyundai Cosmo Petrochemical, PTA...
- Asia PX to become more balanced in fourth quarter. Lim, Paul // ICIS Chemical Business;10/19/2015, Issue 3682, p3
The article reports that market fundamentals for Asia paraxylene (PX) are expected to be more balanced in the fourth quarter of 2015 as major purified terephthalic acid (PTA) lines owned by China PTA companies Yisheng and Hengli Petrochemicals resume normal operations by October to November...
- Massive p-xylene expansions underway in South Korea. BOSWELL, CLAY // Chemical Week;3/3/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 7, p27
The article discusses South Korea's para-xylene (p-xylene) production capacity in 2014. Topics include South Korea's expansion of p-xylene capacity to supply feedstock for Chinese purified terephthalic acid (PTA) producers, statistical data on the projected growth of South Korea's p-xylene...
- Paraxylene Poised for Peak. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;10/25/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 14, p22
The article reports that with steady global demand for polyester, paraxylene, which is primarily used in the manufacture of purified terephthalic acid, is expected to experience what could be a prolonged peak of pricing and margins. Producers should be able to separate themselves from mixed...
- Asia isomer-grade xylenes stay firm. KUMARI, HAZEL // ICIS Chemical Business;9/24/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 8, p16
The article discusses Asian isomer-grade xylene (IX) prices as of September, 2012. Topics include supply and demand, chemical production cutbacks, and the prices of chemicals including paraxylene (PX) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA). Chemical companies mentioned include Dragon Aromatics,...
- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;6/21/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 24, p50
Looks at the prices of several chemicals in international market as of June 21, 2000. Decline in prices for Asian purified terephthalic acid; Market share of para-xylene contracts in third-quarter; Price increases for methyl chemicals and solvents products of Celanese.
- The great PX headache. // Asian Chemical News;9/29/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 418, p10
Assesses the status of paraxylene-purified terephthalic and polyethylene terephthalate industry in Asia as of September 2003. Challenges facing the industry; Concerns on the availability of paraxylene feedstock; Examination of the capability of Asia to build its own paraxylene plants based on...
- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;6/9/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 22, p35
Presents news briefs related to the prices of chemicals as of June 9, 1999. Details on the plans of Millennium Inorganic Chemicals to raise prices on all grades of titanium dioxide; Information on the recovery of purified terephtalic acid prices; Spot prices for para-xylene.
- Xylenes and Terephthalates Due For Recovery. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/11/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the '2001 World Xylenes and Terephthalates Analysis,' completed by the Chemical Market Associates Inc. which predicted that the xylenes market will recover. Statement from Chase Willet, director of polyester and polyester raw materials.