China gets a handle on river caustic spillage
- COMPANY PAYS $26,000 FINE FOR CHEMICAL SPILL. // Pollution Engineering;Jun2006, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p12
The article reports that Taunton, Massachusetts-based textile finishing company Harodite Industries Inc. will pay a fine for the accidental spill of sodium hydroxide during a chemical delivery on March 2, 2005. Harodite will pay $26,424 to settle claims that it violated federal water pollution...
- Living lakes: an aquatic liming and fish restoration demonstration program Brocksen, R. W.; Emler, Jr., P. W. // Water, Air & Soil Pollution;Sep/Oct1988, Vol. 41 Issue 1-4, p85
No abstract available.
- Caustic demand up. // Chemical Week;10/2/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 37, p25
Reports on the increase in demand for caustic soda in Europe in 1995.
- Albanese calls for regulation of caustic acid. // New York Amsterdam News;11/23/96, Vol. 87 Issue 47, p21
Reports that council member Sam Albanese will introduce a resolution in the New York City Council, calling upon the New York State legislator to propose legislation regulating the sale, and disposal of caustic acid. Death of Michael Hanly, as after exposure to hydro-flouric acid; Citing of the...
- Caustic soda. // Chemical Week;6/1/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 21, p53
Reports on the market potentials of caustic soda. Spot prices in the United States and Europe; Outlook for the caustic soda market; 1994 U.S. caustic soda market segments; Companies producing caustic soda.
- Ukrainian caustic soda market, Jan-Jun 2012. // CIREC Monthly News;Aug2012, Issue 260, p22
The article reports on the decline of the production of liquid caustic soda in June 2012 by 10%, lower than in May 2012 in Ukraine.
- Caustic soda, soda ash output to decline by 40%. Desai, Suresh Thakur // Chemical Business;Sep98, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p61
Cites the Alkali Manufacturers Association of India's prediction that caustic soda and soda ash output is likely to suffer in 1998.
- Chemical profile. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/01/98, Vol. 253 Issue 22, p37
Presents information on the chemical, caustic soda. Major producers in the United States; Processing of the compound; Demand and growth; Price; Uses.
- Did You Know? // Horse Journal;Mar2013, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p14
The article offers information on the adverse effect including closing of acid-making machinery in the stomach or neutralization of acid after long term usage of ulcer medications.