High feedstock costs may force acetic acid hikes
- Appeal to Chancellor. // Packaging Magazine;11/3/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p4
Reports on the impact of the huge hikes in raw materials and energy costs on the manufacturing business in Great Britain. Percentage increase in prices for resins and solvents in the region.
- Asia PET driven up by feedstock costs. MIRASOL, FELIZA; GUO, YU; Huang, Trisha // ICIS Chemical Business;9/26/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 9, p21
The article informs that prices for polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottle chips have increased in Asia due to escalating cost of raw materials in the region. It has been stated that Asian producers are facing challenges due to increased feedstock costs and buyer reluctance to follow the...
- New Round of Supplier Price Hikes Begins. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;12/13/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 41, p30
The article reports that a new round of raw materials price hikes for the paints and coatings industry has begun, with many suppliers citing an inability to keep up with higher energy, freight, and raw material costs. Coating resins producers, in particular, have announced hikes, including...
- Insight. // Supply Management;7/22/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p40
The article provides information about the trends in the world market as of July 2010. Business telecommunications fell between quarters for three consecutive quarters in the first three months of 2010. The pressure on steel prices will ease as contract iron ore prices are expected to decline in...
- Foam price hikes vex bedding mfrs. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;5/23/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the impact of the foam price increase on bedding manufacturers in the U.S. Increase in the prices of some raw materials; Views of manufacturers on the issue; Condition of the retail market.
- Lanxess raises prices for CR, NBR. // European Rubber Journal;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 191 Issue 5, p16
The article informs that Lanxess AG has raised its prices for nitrile-butadiene rubber (NBR) and chloroprene rubber (CR) globally from September 1, 2009. Lanxess said that price change was unavoidable because the costs for raw materials have risen significantly. NBR is used for seals, hoses in...
- Rise in rubber prices expected through 2007. Robinson, Erin // Tire Business;8/28/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p33
The article presents information related to rubber prices. Analysts speaking at the 2006 Management Briefing Seminars in Traverse City, Michigan, predicted that price of rubber will continue to rise through 2006 and 2007. Kona Haque, chief commodities analyst at the Economist Intelligence Unit,...
- Rohm and Haas Increases Product Prices. // CircuiTree;Jan2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p51
The article discusses a product price increase for Rohm and Haas company in January 2008. An increase ranging from 5 to 15 percent is being implemented by Rohm and Haas for its chemical products. Company officials say that the price hike is driven by persistent high cost of raw materials, which...
- Adipic Acid Producers Up Prices on Feedstock Woes. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;5/3/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 18, p8
Reports that adipic acid producers has launched a price hike at the beginning of April 2004. Raw material pricing; Business logistics concern; Volatility;