Mexico see rise in natgas
- The dash for gas. Dutta, Ashok // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/23/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 25, p4
The article reports on a projected sharp rise in demand for domestic gas that led Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates to evaluate its gas reserves through the assistance of international oil companies (IOCs). The first flush of Qatari gas is due to land at Taweelah, Abu Dhabi in 2007. The arrival...
- Monetizing methane: turning gas into cash. Hoar, Graham // Chemical Market Reporter;4/10/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 14, p23
The article discusses issues concerning the development of natural gas reserves in the Middle East. There is an effort among Middle Eastern countries to add value to their petrochemical exports. Gas-to-liquid projects are also being launched. How the region takes advantage of its natural gas...
- Gas Deregulation Report Global 2002. // Gas Deregulation Report Global;2002, Vol. 1, p1
Reports on the gas deregulation activity in the international market in 2002. Information on the three basic processes involved in the liberalisation of the energy markets; Reasons gas is prioritised as a fuel source in nearly every country; Observation on the natural gas resources of Canada...
- Netherlands. // Gas Deregulation Report Global;2002, Vol. 1, p82
Presents information on the natural gas industry in the Netherlands. Facts about the country's natural gas reserves; Background of Gas N.V. Nederlandse Unie; Details of the Gas Act.
- Alaskan Gas Supplies May Find Welcome Home. Share, Jeff // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar2000, Vol. 227 Issue 3, p58
Discusses Alaska's potential for being a source of natural gas reserves that will enable the natural gas industry to expand and meet the anticipated boom in demand. Concerns over the future supply of natural gas in the United States; Costs of developing natural gas pipelines in Alaska.
- Israel. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/25/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the natural gas reserves at the Or-1 well, located offshore Israel in the Med Yavne concession.
- Egypt. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/3/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p16
Reports on the Egyptian government's decision to revise its estimate of Egypt's proven recoverable gas reserves. Further discoveries of gas in the Mediterranean off the Nile Delta coast; Gas and oil discoveries in the first half of 1999; Natural gas production in the country from 1993 to 2000.
- The Good News About Gas. Deutch, John // Foreign Affairs;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p82
The article presents information on the development of methods for economically recovering natural gas from shale basins. As of January 2011, this was expected to improve the global energy supply significantly. As techniques such as horizontal drilling and fracking were found to be effective...
- Qatar's Exploding Energy Sector. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Aug2002, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p7
Reports the growth of the energy sector of Qatar. Dependence on the development of gas reserves for economic progress; Agreement of Exxon Mobil and Qatar Petroleum on the supply of liquefied natural gas (LNG) to Great Britain; Joint construction of LNG trains.