AILING INDUSTRY NEEDS TO REINVENT ITSELF
- SIMM Attendees Lament Spanish Market. Barker, Barbara // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/19/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 56, p5
Relates the factors affecting the apparel industry in Spain as of March 2003. Continuing economic slump; Growing possibility of a war with Iraq; Increased prices due to a climbing euro.
- Mexico's time still to come. Ramey, Joanna // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/4/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 42, p16
Focuses on the potential of the apparel business in Mexico. Outlook for the export of textiles; Gains of American textile companies from trade with Mexico; Effects of the North American Free Trade Agreement; Extent and nature of textile trade and apparel production in the country.
- chapter 6: Key Sectors. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2009 4th Quarter, p51
The article presents the forecasts on the textiles and clothing industries of Poland for the fourth quarter of 2009, along with the outlook of the country's power and energy industry.
- Scene. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;Feb96 Italia, Vol. 171 Issue 20, p8
Focuses on Italy's textile and apparel industry. Increase in apparel sales; Rise in exports; Drop in sales of men's apparel.
- Competitive Dynamics of Southern California's Clothing Industry: The Widening Global Connection and its Local Ramifications. Scott, Allen J. // Urban Studies (Routledge);Jul2002, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p1287
A general outline of the functional and spatial characteristics of the clothing industry in Southern California is sketched out. Two important trends are noted: the increasing design- and knowledge-intensive structure of the industry; and, the marked increase in off-shore sub-contracting by...
- Developments in wet processing of textiles. Lokhande, H.T.; Naik, Sandeep R. // Colourage;Annual 96, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p75
Examines the structural changes in the textiles and clothing sector in India. Consumers' preferences; Status of textile exports; Processing of fabrics; Developments in dyeing; Developments in textile printing; Technological innovations in the textile and clothing industry.
- Thailand moves to upgrade apparel industry. Wilson, Eric // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/14/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 52, p12
Reports on Thailand's plans to improve its apparel and textile industries. Initiative formed to increase the industry's competitiveness; Programs to improve the country's engineering, certification programs and apparel industry infrastructure; Employment in the country's apparel and textile...
- Analysts: Mills riding moderate upswing. Zissu, Alexandra // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/18/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 51, p32
Analyzes the performance of clothing companies and textile mills of the United States in the fourth quarter of 1996. Increasing demand for retail apparel; Average percentage of increase in sales of textile companies; Estimated earnings of companies for the first quarter of 1997.
- USTR hitting transshipments. Malone, Scott // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/16/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 30, p27
Reports that the United States is continuing its crackdown against illegal transshipments of apparel and textiles. Determination of how to raise the issue with Macau; Cooperation of Hong Kong; Trade benefits and labor improvement.
- WWD stock market index for week ending November 21. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/24/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 100, p12
Presents a chart related to the performance of stocks in the apparel, clothing trade and textile industry for the week ending November 21, 1997.