China to unveil coal chemical curb
- YCCIG Starts to Construct Calcium Carbide and VA Project. // China Chemical Reporter;4/26/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p16
The article reports that Yunnan Coal Chemical Industry Group Co., Ltd. (YCCIG) has held a ceremony for breaking ground of its 200,000 tons per annum (t /a) calcium carbide and 50,000 t/a vinyl acetate project on March 31, 2008 in Baoshan, Yunnan province of southwestern China. The 2.24 billion...
- Asia Watch. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/16/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 62, p14
The article offers news briefs on the chemical industry in China. The profit of the petrochemical industry experienced an 18.3% increase from the previous year. A state body said that the electricity supply tightness will continue to ease in 2007 as investment is ramped up in the sector. The...
- Plans persist for carbide PVC. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;5/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 491, p27
Looks at the calcium carbide-based polyvinyl chloride (PVC) projects in China. Decline of PVC producers in 2005; Key concerns in carbide-based production; Cost of producing a tonne of carbide-based PVC.
- Calcium Carbide: Dancing with Energy Saving. // China Chemical Reporter;3/21/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p18
The article presents an update on the calcium carbide industry in China. It is said that the year 2010 was a tough year for the Chinese calcium carbide industry. Several government departments in China have made great efforts by promoting policies in the past year in order to improve production...
- Calcium Carbide Output Increases Rapidly. // China Chemical Reporter;10/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p16
The article provides updates in the calcium carbide industry in China. The output of calcium carbide in the country was 8.9457 million tons in 2005, which depicts an increase of 33.9% over 2004. While, in the first half of 2006, the output was 5.1021 million tons. It was observed that the high...
- Carbid-Fox SA - bankrupt. // SeeNews Research & Profiles (Company Profiles);2013, p2728
A profile of Carbid-Fox SA, also known as Carbid-Fox SA, Carbid-Fox JSC and Carbide Fox SA, is presented. The bankrupt company is based in Romania and manufactured calcium carbide. Other products offered by the company include industrial and hydrated lime and coking coal. Financial information...
- Standing at the edge of history. Deavenport, Earnie // Vital Speeches of the Day;7/01/96, Vol. 62 Issue 18, p567
Presents a speech by the Eastman Chemical Co. chairman and chief executive officer, given before the 1996 Forum of the World Chemical Industries held in Paris, France, dealing with the issue of sustainable development and the chemical industry.
- Sustainable development finding its way. Fitzgerald, Patrick // Chemical Market Reporter;01/13/97, Vol. 251 Issue 2, pSR 10
Focuses on the growing attention of the chemical industry to sustainable development. Two-pronged approach advocated by the President's Council on Sustainable Development in the United States to change the concept of environmental protection; Role of the industry in promoting sustainable...
- Responsible care: A key element in the chemical industry's approach to sustainable development. Lotter, Laurraine // South African Journal of Science;Sep98, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p414
Describes Responsible Care, the chemical industry's chosen vehicle to sustainable development. Definition of sustainable development; Information on Responsible Care; Situation in South Africa; Response of Responsible Care to sustainable development themes; Conclusions.