THROWING LIGHT ON R&D INVESTMENT DECISIONS
- Letter from the Editors. Gelhard, Carsten; Golembiewski, Birte // Journal of Business Chemistry;Feb2014, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various papers published within this issue including one by Frank Spiegel and Karl-Martin Schellerer on hidden markets in the chemical industry, one by Tim Swift on research and development undertaken by chemical compnies and one by Fang X. Zhou and Thomas Bertels on...
- Das Root of innovation. Westervelt, Rob // Chemical Week;6/2/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 15, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses a cover story within the issue that reflects on the origins of modern industrial research & development (R&D) which can be traced back to Germany's chemical industry.
- Innovation is key in times of crisis. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;1/25/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 4, p5
In this article the author discusses the impact of the budget cuts in the research and development (R&D) in the chemical industry in the U.S.
- INNOVATION. // European Chemical News;11/21/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2172, p40
The article presents an update on the chemical industry as of November 21, 2005. Based on the results of the European Commission's Eurobarometer survey, there is a need for Europe to increase research budget and aim for world leadership in science and technology. According to Bayer Technology...
- Richer returns from R&D. Riese, Jens; Weskamp, Thomas; O'Driscoll, Cath // ICIS Chemical Business;7/24/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 29, p22
The article looks at results of the study conducted by McKinsey & Co. on whether chemical companies' research and development (R&D) investments have translated into returns that would meet investor expectations. 60% of the chemical companies surveyed failed to generate positive returns from...
- The transition of the chemical industry. Sivaram, S. // Chemical Business;Jan1999, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p13
Discusses the factors that affect the transition of the global chemical industry. Characteristics of large integrated manufacturing enterprises; Elements of a well organized and orderly research and development (R&D) system; Choice of raw materials as listed in European Inventory of Existing...
- Strong support for sustech program. Roberts, Michael // Chemical Week;5/17/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 19, p24
Reports that more than 100 European chemicals groups are setting up collaborative research and development projects with universities and other industries as part of the Chemical Industry Council's (Cefic) sustainable technology program. Details of projects under the program; Costs; Funding.
- Outsourcing R&D; The China Connection. // R&D Magazine;Sep2006, Vol. 48 Issue 9, pG5
The article focuses on surveys which reveal that the U.S. industry is looking into outsourcing at least part of its research. Analyses are currently under way by many organizations to determine the appropriate amount of research and development (R&D) that should be outsourced to maintain core...
- IIR Needs Rapid Development. Xiao Ming // China Chemical Reporter;8/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p20
The article cites a survey on isobutadiene-isoprene rubber (IIR) production in China. The survey has revealed that a total of 12 units in nine countries have produced IIR in 2005 which China has 1 unit. The country has started the IIR research and development in1960, however, the construction of...