BASF moves up the profitability index
- BASF Shows Strength in Global Crisis. // China Chemical Reporter;5/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p9
The article reports on the financial performance of BASF AG for the first quarter of 2009. The company reported that both of its sales and earnings declined worldwide due to the sharp fall in the export business of customer industries. As part of BASF's restructuring plan, it is to close or sell...
- Leading Firms Post Profit Falls; See Signs of Stabilization. Young, Ian; Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;8/3/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 20, p15
This article reports on the financial performance of leading chemical companies in Europe in the second quarter of 2009. The companies posted declines in their earnings and sales for the quarter. BASF reported a decline in earnings. The company noted the impact of the downturn in the automotive...
- EUROPEAN FIRMS COMMIT TO LOCAL AND GLOBAL EXPANSION. BEACHAM, WILL // ICIS Chemical Business;9/19/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 8, p31
The article presents information on the performance of Europe-based chemical companies in 2010. Germany-based BASF SE reported hike of 26% in 2010 sales. LyondellBasell has performed strongly since its and reported that its sales for that year increased by 33%. The article further offers a chart...
- BASF raises outlook for 2005. // China Chemical Reporter;8/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p10
Reports on the financial performance of Germany-based chemical company BASF AG for the first half of 2005. Cumulative sales during the period; Impact of the price increases in raw materials on the sales growth of the company; Expectation for the industry to continue on a growth path for the...
- BASF profits up despite high naphtha. // European Chemical News;11/7/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2170, p9
This article reports on the financial performance of chemical firm BASF for its third quarter operation, which it posted in November 2005. The company reported earnings before interest and tax up 13% while quarterly sales gained 11%. The company warned it expected fourth quarter earnings to be...
- BASF Posts Healthy Second Quarter Results. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/9/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the financial results posted by BASF for the second quarter of 2004. Increase in sales by 13 percent; Performance of some of the company's businesses.
- BASF AND OTHER EUROPEAN FIRMS POST FOURTH-QUARTER NET LOSSES. // Chemical Week;3/2/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 6, p5
This article states that BASF reported a net loss of â‚¬313 million for the fourth quarter of 2008, compared with a net profit of â‚¬793 million in the year-ago period. Sales fell 370, to â‚¬14.3 billion. BASF was unable to fully pass on raw material prices, which were volatile in...
- Company Overview. // BASF AG SWOT Analysis;Nov2005, p4
Presents an overview of BASF AG, Ludwigshafen, Germany-based chemical company. Revenues generated in fiscal year 2004; Principal businesses, including production of chemicals, plastics, performance products, agricultural and nutrition products, and oil and gas.
- Key Facts. // BASF AG SWOT Analysis;Nov2005, p4
Presents key facts about BASF AG, Ludwigshafen, Germany-based chemical company. Address and contact information; Revenues and financial year end data; Number of employees; SIC and NAICS codes; New York and Frankfurt tickers.