Bayer cuts 1,500 jobs
- Bayer layoffs symptomatic of jobless recovery. Freedman, William // Chemical Week;11/15/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 18, p8
Focuses on the announcement by Bayer of job layoffs for 1996 in the United States. Trend for chemical companies to have declining employee headcounts; Likelihood for most of the layoffs to happen in Germany; Observations regarding the decline of job growth in the industry worldwide.
- Rohn and Haas Cuts Jobs; Raises Sales Guidance. Walsh, Keri // Chemical Week;12/24/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 46, p11
Reports on the workforce downsizing plan of Rohm and Haas as of December 24, 2003. Jobs affected by the downsizing; Reasons for the downsizing; Increase in the fourth-quarter revenue projections of the company.
- THE WEEK IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/3/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 4, p8
The article offers world new briefs related to the chemical industry. German chemical and pharmaceutical company Bayer AG plans to close some of its chemical plants in the U.S. RPM International Inc., a producer of coatings and sealants in the U.S., reported a net income of 39.3 million dollars...
- LAYOFF COUNT. Florian, Ellen // Fortune;1/7/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 1, p24
Discusses layoffs at Fortune 500 companies in 2001. Number of layoffs in December; Total layoffs for the year; Hope that layoffs will decline in 2002.
- 12 Tips for Discussing Position Elimination or Downsizing. Sundvall, Cathy // Orthodontic Products;Mar2009, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p16
The article cites the 12 tips on how to discuss position elimination or downsizing within the American industry. The strategies include quick and simple conversation, held talks in private locations, emphasize the importance of changes in the practice that includes the elimination of one...
- The bigger they are the harder they cut. Greenwood, Ross // BRW;11/16/98, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p108
Focuses on job-reduction activity at the top 1000 companies in Australia during the 1997-1998 period. Total number of jobs shed by the top companies during the year; Value of saving in salaries from job reduction; Outsourcing trend; Financial performance of the top companies. INSETS: High...
- Management Companies Continue to Shed Employees. TOLKOFF, SARAH // Orange County Business Journal;7/19/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p32
The article reports on the downsizing of Orange County, California-based management consultants amid the slow return of corporate spending by their clients. According to a report, the number of local workers at management consultants fell nearly 6% in the past 12 months to 917 workers, down from...
- Lanxess reaches a restructuring deal. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/13/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 24, p14
Reports that Lanxess AG has reached a deal with employee representatives in Germany that will enable the company to press ahead with the restructuring of its styrenic resins and fine chemicals operations in the country. Total number of jobs that will be eliminated for 2005 and for the next two...
- BP Further Streamlines Its Chemicals Operation. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/18/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the layoffs at the chemical business of BP in 2002. Reason for the move; Number of jobs to be vacated; Production output of the company in the fourth quarter of 2001; Reason for the decline in profits.