5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- PVC Project Starts Construction in Guangzhou. // China Chemical Reporter;8/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p12
Reports on the construction of the polyvinyl chloride project of Japan-based Tosoh Chemical Co. Ltd. at the Nansha Economic Development Zone in Guangdong Sheng, China. Production capacity of the project; Total investment of the company for the undertaking; Schedule for the start of production at...
- Sale of polyester fiber producer Advansa. // Chemical Fibers International;Sep2011, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p119
The article reports on the decision of Istanbul, Turkey-based Sabanci Holding AS to sell its share of Hoofddorp, Netherlands-based polyester fiber maker Advansa BV.
- Sabic Crack the Top-10 Club. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;9/29/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 30, p29
The article reports on the entry of Sabic to the top 10 of the 2008 Billion-Dollar Club ranking of companies in the chemical industry. Sabic moved up one notch in the ranking due mostly to its $11.6-billion acquisition of GE Plastics 2007. The acquisition boosted Sabic's revenues by about $6.6...
- Sabic Cleared to Buy DSM's Petchems. // Chemical Week;6/26/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 26, p14
Deals with the approval of the European Commission to Sabic's purchase of the petrochemicals business of DSM.
- SABIC--KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA. // Economic Review (05318955);Feb2001, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p32
Features non-oil industrial company Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) in Saudi Arabia. Total annual production capacity of SABIC; Number of world-scale industrial complexes operated by SABIC; Plan of SABIC.
- Sabic okay despite Asian crisis. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/08/98, Vol. 253 Issue 23, p3
Reports on Saudi Basic Industries Corp.'s chemical production for the first five months of 1998.
- Sabic sharpens its market focus. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/21/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p50
Provides information about Saudi Basic Industries Corp.(Sabic). Goal of the company; Forecasted production of the company at Al Jubail, Persian Gulf and the Red Sea; Fundamental part of Sabic's market oriented strategy; Net income generated by the company in 1996; Sabic's projects.
- Sabic's Move Into Europe Could Trigger More Market Concentration. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;4/15/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the effects of the entry of Saudi Basic Industries Corp. into the European chemical market. Acquisition of the petrochemicals operations of DSM; Advantages of the company over its competitors; Concerns of operators on the bulk polymer sector.
- SABIC: capacity expansion of polymers and fiber intermediates. // Chemical Fibers International;Dec2005, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p352
The article provides information about Saudi Basic Industries Corp. in Saudi Arabia. The company was founded in 1976 when the government decided to use the hydrocarbon gases released in oil production as the raw material for the production of chemicals and fertilizers. Thereafter, the company...