5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- PVC Project Starts Construction in Guangzhou. // China Chemical Reporter;8/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p12
Reports on the construction of the polyvinyl chloride project of Japan-based Tosoh Chemical Co. Ltd. at the Nansha Economic Development Zone in Guangdong Sheng, China. Production capacity of the project; Total investment of the company for the undertaking; Schedule for the start of production at...
- Sale of polyester fiber producer Advansa. // Chemical Fibers International;Sep2011, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p119
The article reports on the decision of Istanbul, Turkey-based Sabanci Holding AS to sell its share of Hoofddorp, Netherlands-based polyester fiber maker Advansa BV.
- Sabic Crack the Top-10 Club. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;9/29/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 30, p29
The article reports on the entry of Sabic to the top 10 of the 2008 Billion-Dollar Club ranking of companies in the chemical industry. Sabic moved up one notch in the ranking due mostly to its $11.6-billion acquisition of GE Plastics 2007. The acquisition boosted Sabic's revenues by about $6.6...
- Sabic Cleared to Buy DSM's Petchems. // Chemical Week;6/26/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 26, p14
Deals with the approval of the European Commission to Sabic's purchase of the petrochemicals business of DSM.
- SABIC--KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA. // Economic Review (05318955);Feb2001, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p32
Features non-oil industrial company Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) in Saudi Arabia. Total annual production capacity of SABIC; Number of world-scale industrial complexes operated by SABIC; Plan of SABIC.
- Sabic okay despite Asian crisis. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/08/98, Vol. 253 Issue 23, p3
Reports on Saudi Basic Industries Corp.'s chemical production for the first five months of 1998.
- Sabic sharpens its market focus. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/21/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p50
Provides information about Saudi Basic Industries Corp.(Sabic). Goal of the company; Forecasted production of the company at Al Jubail, Persian Gulf and the Red Sea; Fundamental part of Sabic's market oriented strategy; Net income generated by the company in 1996; Sabic's projects.
- Sabic's Move Into Europe Could Trigger More Market Concentration. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;4/15/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the effects of the entry of Saudi Basic Industries Corp. into the European chemical market. Acquisition of the petrochemicals operations of DSM; Advantages of the company over its competitors; Concerns of operators on the bulk polymer sector.
- Sabic buys Huntsman UK base chemicals. Davis, Nigel; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;10/2/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 37, p4
The article reports on the plan of Sabic to purchase Huntsman's European base chemicals and polymers business for $700 million in cash. The acquisition is expected to boost its European sales by approximately â‚¬2.5 billion. Sabic will acquire the majority of Huntsman's petrochemicals plants...