Antidumping duties are likely if economy dips
- GPCA Challenges Antidumping Charges. // Chemical Week;11/23/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 28, ps3
The article reports on the response of the Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association (GPCA) to the anti-dumping procedures launched by China, India and the European Union (EU) against exports from the Gulf region. GPCA cites concerns about the potential impact of the antidumping measures on...
- 2008 Foreign Trade Friction for the Petrochemical Sector. Wang, Lily // China Chemical Reporter;1/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p7
The article talks about the foreign trade challenges faced by the petrochemical sector of China in the year 2008. It is reported that in 2008, 7 countries and regions initiated 41 antidumping cases against China's petrochemical sector with the U.S. and India ranking first and the second. This...
- China Announces Final Review Ruling on Acrylate Case. // China Chemical Reporter;4/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p10
The article offers global news briefs. The China Ministry of Commerce (MOC) has announced the final review ruling on acrylate imported from Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia on April 8, 2009. The U.S. is imposing an antidumping tariff on 1- hydroxyethylidene-1,1-diphosphonic acid (HXDA)...
- China's Antidumping Regime. Grace, David R.; Herwig, Alexia; Feng, Yao // World Trade;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p38
Discusses the antidumping duties imposed by China. Number of antidumping cases the country has initiated against foreign imports since 1997; State agencies in which Chinese antidumping actions proceed simultaneously; Substantive elements in an antidumping investigation. INSET: Antidumping...
- Commerce Dept. effects antidumping duties on imported prestressing strand. // Concrete Products;Aug2003, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the U.S. Department of Commerce's announcement of preliminary antidumping duties on prestressed concrete steel wire strand imports from various countries. Imposed antidumping duties by amount and country.
- Anti-dumping duties on Korean, Thailand PSF imports. // Colourage;Feb2000, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p104
Reports that the Designated Authority set up in the Indian Commerce Ministry to probe dumping cases recommended that anti-dumping duties be imposed on imported polyester staple fiber from South Korea and Thailand.
- The dumping debate: Global trade gets ugly. // China Economic Review (13506390);Dec2009, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p32
The article on the move of the Chinese government to get involve in 88 anti-dumping and countervailing probes covering 10.3 billion U.S. dollars worth of products.
- U.S.-China Trade: Eliminating Nonmarket Economy Methodology Would Lower Antidumping Duties for Some Chinese Companies: GAO-06-231. Yager, Loren // GAO Reports;4/21/2006, p1
U.S. companies adversely affected by unfair imports may seek a number of relief measures, including antidumping (AD) duties. The Department of Commerce (Commerce) classifies China as a nonmarket economy (NME) and uses a special methodology that is commonly believed to produce AD duty rates...
- Macroeconomic conditions and pressures for protection under antidumping and countervailing duty... Leidy, Michael P. // IMF Staff Papers;Mar97, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p132
Investigates whether there is a connection between the state of domestic macroeconomic activity and pressures for protection under antidumping (AD) and countervailing duty (CVD). Rules AD and CVD are governed by; Advancing of pressures for protection under AD/CVD.