Titanic carbon trade deal
- CDM Project in 3F. // China Chemical Reporter;9/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p8
The article provides updates on the HFC-23 decomposition project of Changshu 3F Zhonghao Chemical New Materials Co. Ltd. in China. The project made a successful registration as a clean development mechanism (CDM) project at the United Nations CDM Execution Board on August 8, 2006. According to...
- Two Enterprises Sign Agreement with the World Bank. // China Chemical Reporter;1/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that Changsu Zhonghao New Chemical Materials Co. Ltd. and Jiangsu Meilan Chemical Co. Ltd. have entered into an agreement for purchasing carbon discharge reduction with the World Bank Carbon Fund. The agreement, worth $930 million, was signed in Beijing, China, on December...
- Biggest Emission-Reduction Deal Helps Chinese Fluorochemical Firms. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;9/6/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 30, p17
The article discusses a deal put together by a consortium headed by the World Bank to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions. The consortium will pay $1.02 billion to Zhonghao New Chemical Materials and Jiangsu Meilan Chemical to help them reduce emissions of hydrofluorocarbon (HFC)-23. The firms will...
- DuPont Acquires Stake in Chinese Fluorochemical Firm. Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;5/24/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 12, p26
The article reports on the plan of DuPont to acquire a minority share in fluorochemical firm Changshu 3F Zhonghao New Chemical Materials.
- Two Enterprises Sign Agreement with the World Bank. // China Chemical Reporter;3/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that Jiangsu Meilan Chemical Co. Ltd. and Changsu 3F Zhonghao New Chemical Materials Co. Ltd. signed an agreement on the purchase of carbon discharge reduction with the World Bank Carbon Fund in Beijing, China. The total value of the agreement is estimated to be U.S.$930...
- Pioneering Transactions, Catalyzing Markets, and Building Capacity: The Prototype Carbon Fund Contributions to Climate Policies. Lecocq, Franck // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug2003, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p703
Examines how the World Bank-launched Prototype Carbon Fund (PCF), a mutual fund aimed at purchasing project-based greenhouse gases emission reductions (ER), has performed on the second part of its mandate. Objectives of the PCF; Role of the PCF in demonstrating that Clean Development Mechanism...
- ETS goes east. Rollins, Julian // Green Futures;Jul2010, Issue 77, p12
The article reports on the move of the Metropolitan Government of Tokyo, Japan to launch a scheme to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 25% by 2010, which affects the 1,400 businesses, factories and public buildings.
- Emission control. Brenchley, Fred // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/3/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6353, p31
Discusses the non signing of the Kyoto protocol on greenhouse gas emissions by Australia and preparation of Kyoto MK II protocol scheduled for 2012. Implications of the Kyoto protocol for Australia; Supporters of the Kyoto protocol; Suggestions for reduction of greenhouse emissions.
- Pacific nations say cut emissions 45% by 2020. Butler, Simon // Green Left Weekly;8/12/2009, Issue 806, p5
The article reports on the call of the Pacific Island's seven nations for 45% reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by 2020.