Powell's: Racy Young Adult Books Dominating Children's Section
- May Bookstore Sales Fell 2.7%. // Publishers Weekly;7/21/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 29, p61
Reports on the decline in bookstore sales in the U.S. in May 2003. Percentage of the decline; Forecast on bookstore sales in June 2003.
- Early Returns Show Soft Holiday Sales. Milliot, Jim; Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;1/13/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the modest sales incurred by U.S. bookstores during the 2002 holiday season. Increase in bookstore sales for the period of November 3, 2002 to January 4, 2003; Book categories with strong sales during the holiday season; Impact of the holiday sales on Tattered Cover and Chinook...
- Leaving Textbooks Behind. Peters, Tim // Publishers Weekly;8/30/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 35, p18
Focuses on developments at Stacey's Bookstore in San Francisco, California. Distinction of Stacey's from other bookstores; Background on the bookstore; Information on the store's sales promotion strategies.
- LITERARY. Gottlieb, Robert // Gourmet;Mar2005, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p46
Focuses on several bookstores in London, England. Types of books sold at the bookstores; Attitude of salesmen; Contact information.
- Bookseller/Rep of the Year. // Publishers Weekly;1/9/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on nominations sought by the journal Publishers Week for its 13th annual Bookseller of the Year and Sales Representative of the Year awards in the U.S. in January 2006. Qualifications for the awards are discussed. Deadlines for the submission of nominations and other...
- WHEN ARE BOOKS BOUGHT? // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Jan2005, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p127
Presents a chart on the percentage of average book store sales per month in the U.S. in 2004.
- Bookstore Sales Fall 2%. // Publishers Weekly;1/19/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the decline in bookstore sales in the U.S. in November 2003. Increase in sales for the entire retail market during the month; Comparison of other sales figures.
- So Far, So Good. // Publishers Weekly;1/27/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 4, p9
The article presents information on the state of various independent bookstores in the U.S. as of January 2014. Bookstores discussed include Books on Broad in Camden, South Carolina, Face in a Book in El Dorado Hills, California, and Monte Cristo Bookshop in New London, Connecticut. Topics...
- readers' advisory: If the Book FITS &hellips;. Gzebb, Victoria // Access (1204-0472);Spring2011, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p30
The article presents tips for bookstore staff to offer a good shopping experience for customers and letting them have the product that suits them. It states that a staff must not recommend things if he or she does not know what he or she has. She suggests that bringing the customers for what...