Little, Brown BFYR Aims for Middle Grade in 2007
- Promotions, New Plans at LB Kids. // Publishers Weekly;11/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 44, p17
Reports on the promotion of Megan Tingley as vice president, associate publisher and editor-in-chief at Little, Brown (LB) Children's book division. Predecessor of Tingley; Number of years served by Tingley at LB.
- 2005 To Be Year Of James Patterson For Little, Brown. // Book Publishing Report;3/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the release of five books from James Patterson in 2005 by Time Warner Book Group division, Little, Brown & Co. Launch of the first book "Honeymoon," with print and radio advertisements; Plan of the publisher to release a book through its publisher's young readers' division, "Maximum...
- PUTTING A PRICE TAG ON A PUBLISHER'S ROLE. WOODS, STUART // Quill & Quire;Dec2013, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p5
The article presents information on the International Visitors Program, an important event for the book trade in Canada. It is noted that Ursula Mackenzie, CEO of Little, Brown Book Group Ltd., gave a keynote lecture arguing that the transition to digital has been embraced by the publishing...
- Tingley Gets LB Imprint. // Publishers Weekly;12/13/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 50, p11
States that Megan Tingley, executive editor of Little Brown's children's book department, has been given her own imprint, Megan Tingley Books. Expectations of Tingley on the number of books to be published annually; Book acquisitions of Tingley.
- Calendar. // Publishers Weekly;11/6/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 44, p8
The article presents a calendar of events related to the U.S. book publishing industry. Author Robert Santelli will launch his new book Greetings from E Street: The Story of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. Little, Brown is printing 1.5 million copies of James Patterson's Cross, which...
- For the love of books. // Quill & Quire;Jun97 Supplement, Vol. 63, p1
Reports on the 10th anniversary party of the publishing house Little Brown held at Montana. People attended the party; Novel written by Kelly Watt and Billie Livingston on the dark side of having children in the 1960s; Plans of filmmaker John L'Ecuyer to make the film version of Richard Ford's...
- LB Canada closes down. Slopen, Beverley // Publishers Weekly;3/23/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 12, p18
Focuses on Time Warner's closing of its Canadian Little, Brown subsidiary. Comments from Little, Brown's president, Kim McArthur on corporate revenues; Authors that comprise McArthur's Canadian publishing program; Concerns of Time Warner's Rick Hall over Little, Brown's ability to be profitable.
- Taking a page from history. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;3/22/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p33
Like many children growing up in the 1970s, Geoff Shandler loved reading The Adventures of Tintin. But unlike most children, he was already destined to be an editor: Young Shandler was also fascinated with the series' publisher, then Boston, Massachusetts-based Little Brown & Co., which had...
- O.J. girlfriend gets $3m book deal. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;2/3/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the deal made by Little, Brown with Paula Barbieri to publish her memoirs. Barbieri's status as the former girlfriend of O.J. Simpson; The alleged amount paid for the rights.