Random House Lifted by Movie Tie-Ins in First Half 2006
- Random House Credits Frontlist Titles For First-Half Revenue Growth. // Book Publishing Report;9/20/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the financial performance of Random House for the first half ending June 30, 2004 in the U.S. Increase in the revenues; Operating income; Factors contributing to the increase in the operating income.
- Random House Sales Up 2.1% in '05; U.K. Group Top Division. // Book Publishing Report;3/27/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Random House Inc., a New York-based bookstore chain, for fiscal year 2005. The company reported a 2.1 percent increase in its revenue compared to the previous year. The growth in profit was credited to the profitable performance of its North...
- Profits Improve at Random. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/21/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the increase in operating profits of Random House in 2004. Significance of the boost in profits; Performance of Random outside the U.S., according to Random House Chairman Peter Olson; Early successes of Random in 2005.
- Random Posts Solid Gains in Early 2004. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/13/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 37, p5
Reports on the financial performance of Random House Inc. for the first half of 2004. Increase in the operating earnings before interest and taxes; Books that generated sales in North America; Appointment of Anthony Cheetham at Random House in Great Britain.
- A Down Year for Random House. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/31/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 13, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of Random House for 2008. The trade publisher recorded a total revenue of â‚¬1.72 billion during the year. The U.S. accounted for 50.8% of the total revenue, a 53% decline from a year ago, despite the publisher's acquisitions of Monacelli...
- Random grows on back of bestsellers. Miller, Emily // Printing World;9/23/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 1, p21
Reports on the business performance of British publisher Random House as of September 2004. Increases in sales and profits; Top-performing bestsellers; Impact of the company's performance on the financial standing of its parent company Bertelsmann AG.
- Six-Month Sales, Earnings Fall at Random House. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 36, p9
Reports on the decline in the global revenue of Random House in the first six months of 2003. Factors which contributed to the weak financial revenue; Tactic being done by the company to improve its financial performance for the second half of 2003; List of books to be released in the second...
- House keepers push 12% margin of return. Bing, Jonathan // Variety;06/18/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the return on sales that the publishing house Random House Inc. is expecting for the year 2002.
- TOTAL OUTPUT, INCOME, AND SPENDING: CORPORATE PROFITS. // Economic Indicators;Aug2005, Vol. 110 Issue 8, p8
No abstract available.