Publishers Offer Options To Lessen College Textbook Pricing Concerns
- Pearson Ed. Titles Capture 26.9% Of The New/Used $304.6M College Psychology Book Market In 2003. // Educational Marketer;9/13/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p1
Reports that psychology textbooks from Pearson Education Inc. has been identified as bestsellers in 2003 in the U.S. Citation of top eight bestselling publishers in psychology; Identification of introductory psychology books as the highest generator of textbook sales; Decision of publishers to...
- Exclusive: Pearson Education Titles Capture 46.2% of the New/Used College Math Textbook Market in 2005. // Educational Marketer;3/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the increase in sales for the mathematics textbooks published by Pearson Education Inc. during the year 2005. Pearson Education lead as the bestseller company among the top nine math textbook publishers in 2004-2005. Monument Information Resource estimates 527 million...
- Pearson Education Maintains Spot At Top As Nation's Largest College Publisher For 1999. // Educational Marketer;07/17/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p1
Provides information on the domination of Pearson Education as the top college publisher in the higher education market in the United States as of July 2000.
- Pearson Education Remains Nation's Top Publisher For K-12 In 1999; McGraw-Hill A Close 2nd. // Educational Marketer;09/04/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p1
States that Pearson Education company remains the United State's top publisher for K-12 student books for the year 1999.
- Pearson Sits Tight At The Top Of The U.S. College Market As Industry Girds For Sales Season. // Educational Marketer;8/20/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the sales performance of several publishers in the college instructional materials market in the United States in 2000, such as Pearson Education and Thomson Learning.
- Pearson Edn. intros quality assurance program. // Publishers Weekly;4/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 14, p20
Focuses on Pearson Education's institution of a program dubbed Open Book Publishing aimed at achieving factual accuracy in every one of the company's school textbooks and ancillary materials.
- College Net Sales up 2.8% to $3.32B In 2006; Returns Average 24.1%. // Educational Marketer;2/19/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of college textbook publishers in the U.S. in 2006. The sales report of the Association of American Publishers showed that the net sales of college textbooks reached $3.32 billion compared with the $3.23 billion in 2005. Overall, gross sales...
- Exclusive: Pearson Ed., Despite Flat Performance, Maintains Solid Lead In EM's 2003 K-12 Publisher Index. // Educational Marketer;7/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the increase in the sales of Pearson Education Inc., the leading K-12 publisher in the U.S. Growth in the sales of two of the top four print-based K-12 publishers in 2003; Reflection of wildly divergent trends in the market; Participation of Pearson in more textbook adoptions;...
- Pearson, Thomson, Wiley Settle To Stop U.S. Sale Of Foreign Editions. // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the efforts of Pearson Education Inc., John Wiley & Sons Inc., and Thomson Learning Inc. to stop the sale of lower-priced foreign editions of college textbooks online in the U.S. Settlement of a lawsuit against Pelican Bookshop; Details of the settlement; Contention of the publishers.