- Cashed-up bogans a new force. Alarcon, Camille // B&T Weekly;8/10/2007, Vol. 57 Issue 2623, p3
The article reports that a strong local economy and high disposable income has contributed to the growth in the luxury goods market in Australia. According to Monash University's Australian Centre for Retail Studies into consumer trends in 2006, Australians are spending big on themselves. Buying...
- Retail and Luxury Goods. // China Business Review;Apr-Jun2011, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that the retail market in China shows rapid growth, particularly in the luxury goods industry, due to the increase in consumer incomes.
- CULTIVATING A LUXURY RENAISSANCE. Wilson, Anamaria; Moin, David; Young, Kristin; Williamson, Rusty // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;Jun2004 Supp CFDA Fashion Swards, p42
Focuses on the efforts of luxury retailers in the U.S. to help improve the industry's market conditions in 2004. Launch of a collection shop by Bloomingdale's; Events sponsored by Bendel's to expand its designer's fashion line; Business performance of designer stores in Southwestern states.
- Lux central. French, Paul // China Economic Review (13506390);Sep2012, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p26
The article focuses on the growing number of Chinese brands entering in the London, England market. The author mentions that there is a growing number of Chinese people traveling across the world, particularly in England, to buy luxury items. He adds that the trends is benefecial to the retail...
- Sectors In This Issue. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/18/2011, Vol. 202 Issue 81, p2
The article lists the sectors being featured in the issue, which include the retail, luxury goods and fashion industries.
- Core Customers Key For Luxury Players. Seckler, Valerie; Wright, Alison // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/4/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 46, p11
The article reports on market experts' view that growth in the luxury sector will increasingly stem from households with liquid assets of at least $10 million in the U.S. and $3 million in other countries. A new snapshot of 16,000 affluent Americans, who are among the wealthiest 10 percent with...
- When Only the Best Will Do. Rubin, Nadine // Harper's Bazaar;Jan2006, Issue 3530, p47
This article examines the factors that influence consumers to shop for the most exclusive items such as a luxury products from Cartier, Louis Vuitton and Dior.
- Luxury Consumers' Confidence Declines. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Oct2008, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p286
The article reports that luxury consumer confidence at the beginning of 2008 has decline 23.8 points from the third quarter to 63.6 points in the fourth quarter 2007, as measured by Unity Marketing's Luxury Consumption Index. Spending of affluent consumers on luxury goods and service has...
- The luxury customer. // Marketing (00253650);2/13/2008, p31
The article offers information about the characteristic of a luxury customer relevant to the item he or she purchases. According to the author, such characteristics include a conspicuous or showy shopper for luxe hat, an eccentric buyer for cravat and a selective-type of customer for purchasing...