Son of Lego
- Lego Mania. Ditlea, Steve // Popular Mechanics;Jun99, Vol. 176 Issue 6, p98
Provides information on the computer-controlled robot toy kit from Lego company. Origin of the Mindstorms Robotics Invention System of Lego; Main components of the Mindstorms system; Process of programming the robot.
- GIZMO Lego fans concoct the perfect robot kit. Barone, Jennifer // Discover;Dec2006, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p69
The article evaluates Alpha Rex, a robot created with Lego's Mindstorms NXT kit.
- Robotics Lego League Draws Schools From Oklahoma, Dallas and Fort Worth to Grand Saline Scrimmage. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);11/26/2015, Vol. 120 Issue 47, p10
Photographs of the competing teams at the Robotics Lego League including Nimrod Squad of the Grand Saline Middle School, Spare Me Tobotics Team from Grand Saline Middle School, and Gavin Foster of Nimrod tweaking his team's robot.
- New legos let kids become 'droid designers. Williams, Marifrances // Electronic Design;03/08/99, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p68
Features Robotics Invention System, an interactive toy developed by MIT Media Laboratory and LEGO Mindstorms Enfield. Combination of a microcomputer, software and Lego; Reliance on computer chips and other components; Ability to interact with the environment; Opportunity of children to design...
- Racing robots at engineering design show. // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;Dec2014, p15
The article reports that a class of University of Waikato software engineering students are working on a project that involves programming Lego robots to have a sense of direction.
- Why Industry Giants Are Playing with Legos. Wasserman, Elizabeth // Fortune;Winter2002 Tech Review, Vol. 144 Issue 10, p101
Reports on efforts to involve children in robotics through use of Lego toys. How children learn engineering concepts, strategic planning and team building; Sponsorship of conventions and competitions by companies such as Lego, Motorola, and General Motors; Hopes that children will gain an...
- Creative Blocks. Robischon, Noah // Entertainment Weekly;09/17/99, Issue 503, p92
Describes robot kits from LEGO Mindstorms company. Droid Developers Kit; Robotics Discovery Set; Robotics Invention System.
- ROBOT FEVER. // Weekly Reader News - Senior;4/22/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 23, p2
Reports on the FIRST Lego League World Festival, a competition that encourages students to work as teams and build robots, held on April 21, 2005 in Atlanta, Georgia. Theme of the competition; Criteria for the winning robotic project; Challenges faced by the students in programming the robots.
- LEGO MY ROBOT. // Machine Design;12/07/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 23, p62
Focuses on the Lego Co.'s Mindstorm products that allowed children to build robots that actually hear and see. Features of its Robotic Command Explorer brick; Basis of programming environment.