- ORACLE BETS THE RANCH -- SORT OF. PETERSEN, SCOT // eWeek;10/16/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p67
Reports the launching of 9i database and application server platform by Oracle at the Oracle OpenWorld. Willingness of company chief executive officer Larry Ellison to wage millions on the product; Comparison of the performance between 9i and Microsoft clusters; Assurance of the company on the...
- Oracle trumpets hosting. Pender, Lee // PC Week;10/11/99, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p20
Reports that software companies will move to application service provider models in the United States. Delivery of software over the Internet; Companies that have signed on to have applications hosted by Oracle Corp.
- What IS An ASP? Cone, Edward // Inter@ctive Week;09/27/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 39, p27
Focuses on the growing application service provider (ASP) business. Factors that influence the ASP market; Companies that lead in the ASP field; Effect of technology on software itself; Number of Oracle's customers for its ASP business.
- Oracle plays the visionary. Sullivan, Tom // InfoWorld;10/02/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the plan of Oracle Corp. to redefine itself as a provider of application services based on its 9i database. Factors involved in the company's shift in strategy; Application software developed by Oracle; Forecast on the software industry.
- Oracle's Timothy Chou Sees The Future Of Hosted Software. Cone, Edward // Inter@ctive Week;04/17/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p56
Interviews Timothy Chou, chief executive officer of Oracle's Business Online unit, concerning the benefits of Oracle's application service provider (ASP) strategy. Importance of hosted software to the Internet industry; Oracle's hosting strategy; Financial implications of the ASP model.
- Commit to Job as Oracle Rpps DBR on Diversify Skill Set? // Certification Magazine;Jun2009, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p12
The article presents answers to a question regarding the potential of Oracle Corp.'s Applications Database and its survival in the information technology job market.
- Company Spotlight: Oracle Corporation. // MarketWatch: Technology;July 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p50
The article presents information on Oracle Corp. Oracle is an enterprise software company that develops, manufactures, markets, distributes and services database software and infrastructure software. The company is organized into two businesses that are further organized into five operating...
- Application Software Industry Profile: Global. // Application Software Industry Profile: Global;Apr2006, p1
Presents a profile of the Application Software industry in the World. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- VMware Workstation vs. Oracle VM VirtualBox. Sturdevant, Cameron // eWeek;6/21/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p22
The article reviews the VMware Workstation 7.1 software from VMware Inc. and theVMVirtual Box 3.2 software from Oracle.