Taken for a Ride
- Executive Summary. // Vietnam Tourism Report;Q4 2008, p5
The article deals with the condition of the tourism industry in Vietnam during the fourth quarter of 2008. According to the figures released by the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT), tourist arrivals grew in the first 7 months of the year. The country has been making efforts to...
- Five Tourism Trends for 2012. Mcdonough, Stewart // Business in Calgary;Feb2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p123
The article discusses the trends that are expected to influence tourism planning in 2012. The United Nations World Tourism Organization expects an increase in international tourist arrivals by 2030. The global economic uncertainty is expected to affect the pace of travel to and within Canada....
- WEB POLL RESULTS. // Rubber & Plastics News;6/16/2008, Vol. 37 Issue 23, p8
The article reports on a survey related to the impact of high gas prices on summer vacation in the U.S. 33% of the respondents feel that hike in gas prices won't affect their summer vacation. However, 29.2% feel that they can't take a vacation. 22.2% of the respondents feel that they will...
- Window Seat. // Travel Daily;7/16/2013, p3
The article reports that travelers are being offered the opportunity to cut their accommodation bills in half through the new service EasyNest.
- Excite loads Punthill. // Travel Daily;6/18/2014, p8
The article reports on agent-only wholesaler Excite Holidays' addition of exclusive rates for Punthill Apartment Hotels to its Australian inventory range.
- Qualmark TripAdvisor. // Travel Daily;6/17/2014, p6
The article reports that New Zealand's Qualmark hotel star rating scores will be shown on the travel review website TripAdvisor for New Zealand accommodation reviews beginning in June 2014.
- Tonga hotel ratings. // Travel Daily;7/27/2012, p7
The article reports on the Tonga Mark, the new grading and ratings system for hotels in the Kingdom of Tonga, as part of its effort to enhance traveller confidence.
- Jumeirah mates rates. // Travel Daily;8/28/2013, p8
The article reports on the 50% discount offered by Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London, England at its Best Available Rates for travel industry professionals.
- Radisson agent rate. // Travel Daily;12/ 6/2012, p4
The article focuses on the special travel industry rate offered by the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel in London, England for a double or twin superior room which is valid for travel from December 21 to 26, 2012 to January 1 to 31, 2013.