Don't Hurt Old Glory
- Where in the World Do They Do Such a Thing? Kelley, Stephanie // Hopscotch;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p5
A quiz about different customs from around the world is presented.
- Etiquette. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Gabon Country Review;2013, p154
A list of the cultural dos and taboos in Gabon is presented which includes expressing greetings with a handshake, accepting food offered even when one is not hungry, and dressing up modestly.
- Let 'Em Eat Cake! DREISBACH, SHAUN // Scholastic Parent & Child;Apr2013, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p34
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience with children on table manners.
- Airman's World. Burnham, Rick; Parr, Amy; Bergmann, Ken // Airman;Oct2001, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p12
Presents an update on the United States Air Force as of October 2001. Promotion of former commander of Air Combat Command John P. Jumper to U.S. Air Force chief of staff; Increase in the number of Air Force fatalities; Information on the 30th annual Historic Homes Tour.
- Fan of the Year. Swan, Patrick // Soldiers;Oct2003, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p48
Profiles Roger Farina, a veteran U.S. soldier of the two wars in Iraq. Career of Farina as a pilot of CH-47 Chinook helicopter during the Operation Iraqi Freedom war; Farina's sports interest on the country's ice hockey games; Grant of the fan of the year award to Farina by the U.S. National...
- First Person Singular. Owen, James // Journal of Electronic Defense;Aug2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p74
Relates a retired U.S. Air Force serviceman's experience while assigned at Shemya Air Force Station in Alaska. Use of the station as a refueling stopover for military aircraft; Electronic warfare training; RB-47 plane accident.
- Mac Town. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;Apr2005, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p44
Features the McMurdo Station in Antarctica, where some airmen are deployed to provide airlift for scientific research for the U.S. Antarctic Program. Description and background of the place; Statement of Chief Master sergeant Tammy King regarding the place; Population, climate, and recreation in...
- No Square Filler. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Sep2000, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p22
Profiles Lieutenant Colonel Cesar Rodriguez of the United States Air Force. Professional and family background; Views on pilot training; His professional values.
- Air Force: Your Way of Life. // Airman;Aug99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p49
Focuses on the life experiences of people serving at the United States Air Force. Benefits offered by the Air Force.