Back to School
- Navy Scholarships Eyed by Army and Air Force. // Education Digest;Mar1949, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p57
The article reports that because of the success of the U.S. Navy's college scholarship program financed by the federal government, the Army and the Air Force are clamoring for their own Holloway Plans. With the Holloway Plan, high school seniors or graduates who pass a competitive test and who...
- New tuition assistance process eliminates up-front fees. LaVoie, J. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2013, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p8
The article discusses the implementation of a tuition assistance payment process by the U.S. Air Force Reserve Command that will eliminate up-front fees and allow direct transfer of tuition payments to a university or college.
- Getting to the bottom line. Tooley, Jo Ann // U.S. News & World Report;9/23/96, Vol. 121 Issue 12, p83
Discusses the realities families face as they work to obtain financial aid for the college education of their children. The differences between what financial aid officers say and what the student eventually receives; The need to scrutinize different financial aid packages from different...
- Almost anything goes. Sanoff, Alvin P.; Tooley, Jo Ann // U.S. News & World Report;10/11/93, Vol. 115 Issue 14, p93
Examines how hard-pressed schools are cutting deals to land the students they want. How schools are using tactics that would have once been unthinkable; Approach of putting a `sticker price' on tuition then offering discounts, or merit awards; How many schools will now negotiate over the amount...
- COMMUNITY NEWS. // Credit Union Journal;7/9/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p24
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. in 2012 including the 75th anniversary of Educators Credit Union (CU), the scholarships grant of Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union (FCU) to six local students, and the Solarity CU scholarships to local students.
- Making college affordable. // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Jan99, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p11
Reports that several private scholarship programs are available from the United States Commission for Scholastic Assistance. Contact information.
- 2007-2008 Financial Aid Scholars. // Foreign Service Journal;Jan2008, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p66
The article lists the recipients of the American Foreign Service Association (AFSA) financial aid scholarship for the year 2007-2008 which includes Morgan Anderson, Paul Armstrong and David Bobb.
- Searching for scholarships. // Career World;Oct96, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p26
Presents advice on how to look for scholarship money to fund college or vocational-technical school in the United States. Techniques on how to improve the application process; Search for colleges that match needs and interests; Requesting scholarship applications and information; Attendance at...
- Co-op communicators offer travel scholarship. // Rural Cooperatives;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p33
Presents information on the travel scholarship offered by the National Council of Farmer Cooperatives to college communications students. Paid participation in the 1998 Institute of the Cooperative Communicators Association in New Mexico on June 6-10, 1998; Eligibility requirements; Contact...