Pillars of Education
- Improvement of Quality of Training of a Boarder Service Officer in the System of Military Education. Anatolyevna Biryuk, Larissa // Middle East Journal of Scientific Research;2013, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p131
The author considers the issue of high-quality training of officers in the system of military education. The solution, in the author's opinion, is inculcation of scientific and research competence in officers which is necessary requirement to correspond to the level of modern skills of a border...
- Plan To Expand Junior ROTC Program Provokes Debate. Foster, Susan G. // Education Week;11/3/1982, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p7
The article reports on an issue of apprehension by the presence of Reserve Officer Training Corps ( ROTC) in public schools in the U.S. One of the grounds for opposition is the utilization of school funds for compensation of the trainers. Officials of the Pentagon's defense department found no...
- Reb MCJROTC team scores big at Smithson Valley. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);10/28/2015, Vol. 119 Issue 31, p4B
the article mentions the participation of the Hays High School Marine Corps JROTC teams at the Smithson Valley High School Military Skills Meet where the Rebel combined Male/Female Physical Training Team took fifth place overall and were first in the 16 X 100-yard relay.
- A New Look at an Old Institution. Wyckoff, Theodore // Journal of Higher Education;Mar1965, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p147
The article discusses the developments in the Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) programs in American universities and colleges. The ROTC programs in the American universities and colleges has a lot of contribution to the enhancement of the defense training of the members and soon to be...
- The "Science" Of Tree-Stand Placement. Samuel, Dave // Whitetail Journal;Oct2007, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of attending a Whitetail Boot Camp course in Iowa and what he learned from that session.
- Training. // Environmental Forum;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p57
Information about the Western Boot Camp held on April 27-29, 2010 at the Paul Hastings office in San Francisco, California, as well as the schedule of the Eastern Boot Camp to be held at K&L Gates in Washington, D.C. on November 10-12, 2010 is presented.
- 16 teams join two-month e-learning initiative. // Technology Times;7/14/2014, Vol. 5 Issue 29, p6
The article reports on the two-month electronic-learning hosted by the education project Ilm Ideas wherein 16 teams were selected to participate in the boot camp in Pakistan from July 15- August 2014.
- Hazed and confused. Buckey, Bill // American Enterprise;May/Jun97, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p15
Provides information on the media's investigation of Marine Corps' practices. Reason why boxer Riddick Bowe quit his training in the Marine; Hazing practice in the military.
- Kagler graduates from basic training. // Wilson County News;10/22/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p10A
The article reports that the U.S. Air National Guard Airman 1st Class Avianna Kagler has graduated from the eight-week basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland in San Antonio, Texas.