With Web-Based Tool, Home Depot Able to Better Manage Service Needs
- National ink. // Business News New Jersey;02/01/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the opening of small experimental stores by major hardware retailer Home Depot called Villager's Hardware in New Jersey. Number of stores nationwide; Opening of store by rival Lowe's Hardware near Home Depot store.
- Rye considers Home Depot deal; critics vow to fight on. Prenon, Mary T. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p1
Reports that the city of Rye, New York is considering a settlement with Home Depot Inc. in the retailer's attempts to construct a store on Midland Avenue. Payment of funds hinging on the city's agreement not to appeal a recent court decision favoring Home Depot; Opposition to the Home Depot...
- Boon or bust? Dzikowski, Don // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/6/96, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the activities by retailers in Norwalk, Connecticut in preparation for the scheduled opening of Home Depot in the area on April 25, 1996. Views by retailers to Home Depot's entry; Comment by Dan Eckman, owner of Yankee Hardware; Impact of the move on the retailers' sales.
- Home Depot taking a peek at the Valley. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Sep97, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p1
Reports on Home Depot's interest in opening retail outlets in Wenatchee, Washington. Pending evaluation of site as part of potential expansion; Number of warehouse stores that Home Center has in different states; Competition with other home retailers; Gross sales posted by firm in 1996.
- Home Depot Supply opens first store. Miodonski, Bob // Contractor Magazine;Mar2002, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p1
Reports the opening of the Home Depot Supply store in Mesquite, Texas on February 28, 2002. Wholesalers acquired by Home Depot for the opening of its store; Target customer of the store; Description of the company's stores.
- G&S looks to develop site. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/20/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 29, p24A
Reports on the number of stores owned by Home Depot Inc. in New York. Details of the plan of project construction; Company background.
- Smaller is better, Depot says. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;7/29/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 30, p18
Reports on the plan of Home Depot to open a retail store at the town of Mount Pleasant, New York State. Description of the plan which was submitted to the town's Planning Board; Status of the company's lawsuit against the town.
- Home Depot's Vertical Climb. // Retail Traffic;Oct2003, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p56
Describes Home Depot's store at the Flatiron District in New York City opening in 2004. Design of the store to maximize space.
- Home Depot Opens 4th Contractor Store. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Jun2002, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p12
Reports the inauguration of the fourth pro-oriented stores of Home Depot in Milpitas, California. Reduction of the waiting time on check out lines; Location of other facilities of Home Depot; Accessibility contractors on various services.