Custom Natatorium Dehumidifiers to Help University Save Millions
- Domed Stadium Air-Conditioning Design. Naman, I. A. // ASHRAE Journal;Jun2009, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p60
The article offers tips in solving the problem related to the air-condition design of the Harris County Domed Stadium in Texas. The management encountered problems in the facility due to the different size and structure of the facility. Before engineers addressed the problem, they inquired first...
- THE HEAT Is On There's the way much of Europe encourages conservation, and there's the right way. Dickens, Kevin V. // Engineered Systems;Nov2003, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p28
Looks on the importance of air conditioning in the U.S. Management of humidity; Energy consumption; Impact of global warming.
- Ductwork whips former retail store's aesthetics, airflow into shape. // Engineered Systems;Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the upgrading of the air conditioning system of retail store The Rush Fitness Center in Knoxville, Tennessee. Use of fabric air dispersion system; Draftless air flow achieved through linear diffusers sewn into the entire length of the Comfort-Flow fabric duct manufactured by DuctSox;...
- Supermarket dehumidification: All creatures, dry and cool. Thomas, Jerry // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;08/04/97, Vol. 201 Issue 14, p3
Discusses the dehumidification of supermarkets in the US. Problems that the air conditioning system faces; Ventilation; Moisture; Reheating; Heat pipe; Humidity freezing.
- Improving plant processes with dehumidification. Speltz, Katharine; Katzel, Jeanine // Plant Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p94
Focuses on the dehumidification of manufacturing plants. Common problems encountered in manufacturing addressed by dehumidification; Methods of dehumidification; Factors to consider in choosing dehumidification methods; Development of industrial dehumidification systems.
- So, How Do You Keep Frost, Ice Out of Warehouses? Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/15/2000, Vol. 210 Issue 3, p50
Focuses on the discussion about keeping frost and ice out of the refrigerated warehouse space, at the annual convention and trade show of the International Association of Refrigerated Warehouse (IARW) at the Arizona Biltmore. Problems of infiltration in refrigerated warehouses; Effectiveness of...
- Keeping It Simple with Data Center Cooling. Phillips, Buddy // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jun2011, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p8
The article discusses the cooling provided to data libraries by portable air conditioning systems which offer simple and flexible solutions at lesser costs in the U.S. It notes that concentrations of electronics within tightly confined places can be heightened by server consolidation. It...
- The 2009-2014 Outlook for Room Air Conditioners and Dehumidifiers Excluding Portable Dehumidifiers in Japan. Parker, Philip M. // Country Outlook Reports;1/12/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts depicting the 2009-2014 outlook for Room air conditioners and dehumidifiers, excluding portable dehumidifiers in Japan, for various cities and prefectures, including Hiroshima, Iwate and Kyoto, are presented.
- Hospital Steam Humidification Systems and the Chemicals they Use. Rabinovich, Shulamit // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;May2004, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p65
Provides information on safety and regulatory considerations in choosing a humidification system for a healthcare setting. Stages of humidification; Dry-steam types of humidifiers that are acceptable in healthcare facilities in California; Disadvantages of electric humidifiers; Factors to...