Ford puts �1 billion into CO2 technology research
- Not your typical transmissions. Lewin, Tony // Automotive News Europe;7/9/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p13
No abstract available.
- Ford outlines its strategies to cut emissions and improve economy. Bickerstaffe, Simon // Automotive Engineer;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p36
The article discusses on Ford Motor Co.'s initiative to reduce carbon dioxide emissions and improve fuel efficiency. The company is investing �1 billion for research and development in the initiative. Richard Parry-Jones, Ford chief technical officer, outlines that the company will deploy...
- Aquatic art. Weatherley, Brian // Commercial Motor;1/8/2009, Vol. 209 Issue 5313, p48
The article offers information on the Dolphin concept artic from MAN AG, an aerodynamic concept that saves fuel and emission It is stated that the super-slippery extreme-liner has taken heavy truck drag coefficients to an all new low and achieves a 0.30 artic drag coefficient. This would help...
- Ford vows 30% emission cut. Truini, Joe // Waste News;4/14/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on Ford Motor Co.'s roadmap to reduce carbon emissions from its vehicles. The automaker pledged a 30 percent drop of carbon emissions by 2020. Shareholder resolutions cited concern over the impact a carbon-constrained environment could have on Ford's bottom line. In May 2008,...
- STEERING FOR TOMORROW. Tayman, John // Fortune International (Europe);4/2/2007, Vol. 155 Issue 6, pB-7
The article discusses a hydrogen powered luxury vehicle called the Hydrogen 7 (H-7) made by Bavarian Motor Works (BMW). The author notes that while vehicles in development by Ford and GM use compressed hydrogen gas to charge batteries that then power electric motors, the H-7 employs a combustion...
- Ford SUV fuel economy goal is elusive. Truett, Richard // Automotive News;4/15/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5979, p3
No abstract available.
- Flex-fuel Taurus built extended. // Automotive News;6/21/93, Vol. 67 Issue 5505, p2
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s intention to extend production of the flexible fuel Taurus through the 1994 and 1995 model years. Car's ability to run on methanol; Number of 1993 model year units produced.
- Fording the future with aluminum to make cars more fuel efficient. Agee, Dale // Caribbean Business;12/16/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p46
Focuses on Ford car models using aluminum for fuel efficiency. Synthesis 2010; 1994 Ford Crown Victoria; 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII.
- US, Ford Co. seek answers on widespread engine failures. // Hill;3/4/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p14
The article reports on the investigation conducted by the U.S. government and Ford Motor Co. regarding the partial engine failures on some 725,00 recent-model vehicles which could cut engine power.