FPA Helps Find the Job -- or -- Candidate You're Searching For Career Center
- Five Characteristics of a Million-Dollar Producer. Rummage, Rick // Financial-planning.com;9/23/2014, p1
The gap between the pack and the stars is not as insurmountable as you might think--here's how to make that jump.
- Life Planning Workshop Draws Planners From 20 Countries. Marsh, Ann // Financial-planning.com;9/23/2014, p1
A workshop on an approach that some say goes far beyond classic principles, gives international players a taste of the process.
- Clients With Benefits. TIBERGIEN, MARK // Investment Advisor;Mar2013, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p49
The article presents advice on how financial advisors, who are running a personal service business, should engage with clients who are their close friends and relatives. It notes that financial advisors should set boundaries for discounting and prepare a response for friends and relatives who...
- Seven Deadly Sins of Consulting. MacKillop, Scott // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p168
This article presents guidelines for evaluating consultancy services provided by financial planners. The way investment services are delivered in this country has undergone profound change in the last decade. One of the most significant changes has been the shift from the product-oriented sales...
- A Host Learns from His Guests. Levin, Ross // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2006, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p38
The article discusses the author's experiences as he ran the "Be Our Guest" program for financial planners. The program allowed financial planners from around the United States to visit Accredited Investors Inc. and see how the practice is managed day-to-day. The author's firm was visited by 19...
- New Insights into Advising Female Clients on Investment Decisions. Loibl, Cäzilia; Hira, Tahira K. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p68
â€¢ A large number of professional and academic studies have indicated that, in general, women are less knowledgeable, less risk tolerant, and less confident about their investment decisions than men are. This paper applies a model for change and suggests augmenting techniques for financial...
- Put a stop to ex-employees stealing your clients. Sardelic, Peter // Money Management;2/24/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p20
Examines how financial advice dealers can prevent ex-employees from their stealing clients. Legal issue relating to the owner of the client base; Limitation of confidentiality obligations; Restraints of trade provision.
- Independents' day after depolarisation. Billingham, Phil // Money Marketing;11/4/2004, p40
Talks about depolarization, or the choice between multi-tie and remaining independent by financial advisors. Difficulty in accepting the concept that multi-tie is an acceptable alternative to independent advice; Difference between multi-tie and independent; Qualities of independent financial...
- AIFA'S VIEW. Smee, Paul // Money Marketing;11/4/2004, p40
Shares an author's views on issues concerning independent financial advisers. Measurement of the worth of a distribution channel; Press regulation; Argumentation over depolarization in the financial services industry.