FPA Helps Find the Job -- or -- Candidate You're Searching For Career Center
- Five Characteristics of a Million-Dollar Producer. Rummage, Rick // Financial-planning.com;9/23/2014, p1
The gap between the pack and the stars is not as insurmountable as you might think--here's how to make that jump.
- Clients With Benefits. TIBERGIEN, MARK // Investment Advisor;Mar2013, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p49
The article presents advice on how financial advisors, who are running a personal service business, should engage with clients who are their close friends and relatives. It notes that financial advisors should set boundaries for discounting and prepare a response for friends and relatives who...
- Life Planning Workshop Draws Planners From 20 Countries. Marsh, Ann // Financial-planning.com;9/23/2014, p1
A workshop on an approach that some say goes far beyond classic principles, gives international players a taste of the process.
- How to Pick an Adviser Who Connects with You. Chatzky, Jean // Money;Jul2006, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p30
The article presents some financial advice about choosing the right financial planner. The author suggests that the important factors in finding a good financial advisor include knowing what you want out of the relationship, matching temperaments, and knowing the personality type of the advisor...
- Technology Will Enhance Our True Value. Ungar, Alan B.; Sakanashi, Mark T. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p142
In 1999 and 2000, Undiscovered Managers released reports predicting a major transformation--and a fight for survival--for the financial advisory business, resulting from fierce competition and technology. The authors of this essay focus on the technological factor, saying the reports were...
- A Peek Inside the RIA Community... // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p24
This article focuses on Evolution/Revolution: A Profile of the Investment Advisory Profession, the 2005 report of the Investment Adviser Association and the National Regulatory Services about investment advisers registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). SEC-registered...
- New Insights into Advising Female Clients on Investment Decisions. Loibl, Cäzilia; Hira, Tahira K. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p68
â€¢ A large number of professional and academic studies have indicated that, in general, women are less knowledgeable, less risk tolerant, and less confident about their investment decisions than men are. This paper applies a model for change and suggests augmenting techniques for financial...
- Wealth Management Made Simple. McReynolds, Rebecca // Bank Investment Consultant;Dec2005, Vol. 13 Issue 12, special section p13
The article provides information on how to deal with high-net-worth clients about their financial and estate plans in the U.S. High-net-worth clients with a philanthropic bent are not looking for a tax write off, they are looking for a vehicle that can serve the dual purpose of pursuing the...
- Helping clients hang on in a crisis. Moss, Jennifer // Money Management;8/5/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p18
Describes the author's week in financial planning practice in Australia. Receipt of an urgent call from a daughter of a client who was taken to the hospital; Preparation of the paper works.