Peak Oil Fears and Hype
- Current Account Still In Surplus, Despite Oil Slump. // Africa Monitor: North Africa Monitor;Jun2009, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p7
The article offers a forecast on hydrocarbon and the export trade in Algeria. According to economists, hydrocarbon sales will cut down the country's current account surplus in 2009. They predicted that the account surplus will recover by 2010. They also forecasted that export trade will rebound...
- PVF BEAT. // Supply House Times;Aug2010, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p8
The article offers updates related to the pipes, valves and fittings (PVF) industry. It states that PVF manufacturers and distributors will experience a 57.8 percent increase in sales in the second half of 2010. It notes that Foxconn Technology Co. Ltd. is going to build a factory in...
- There's a Big Difference Between Can and Can't. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;1/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the difference between pessimism and optimism in a tough economic situation in San Diego, California. Ways to change industrial productivity; Importance of a change in outlook in organizational change; Refusal of winners to conform to the mold of an average person.
- Economic Optimism Declines. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/3/2015, pA01
2 The IBD/TIPP Economic Optimism Index fell to 48.1 from 49.7 a month prior and 51.3 earlier, amid weak economic reports and rising gas prices. Readings below 50 signal pessimism. Notably, a financial stress gauge showed the biggest monthly gain since Oct. '08, at the peak of the financial crisis.
- Efficient homes help weather the high energy cost. // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/17/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p23
This article focuses on reasons behind the sharp rise in energy prices in the U.S. in 2004. Freddie Mac economists noted that because American homes built in the last-few years are nearly twice as energy efficient as the typical house built in the 1960s, the sharp rise in energy prices in 2004...
- 2007 Alaska Forecast: FINANCE. Nerland, Brian // Alaska Business Monthly;2007 Power List, Vol. 5, p32
The article presents the 2007 forecasts for the economy in Alaska. Economists predict on the continuing growth of the national economy with some risks on foreign oil prices, weakening of the housing market and the unpredictable short and long term interest rates. Other parts of the economy that...
- DRILLING & PRODUCTION. // Offshore;Mar2012, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p24
The article offers information on the report from the British Economist Intelligence Unit and GL Noble Denton regarding the condition of oil and gas industry in 2012. The report reveals that the sector will face a game-changing year in 2012, wherein 82% of the respondents were confident on the...
- Oil And Gas Ratings: Revised Methodology. // United Kingdom Oil & Gas Report;Q3 2010, p95
The article offers information on the methods used by market research provider Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) in generating its oil and gas industry forecast for Great Britain. It mentions that the institution used the Country Risk Ratings (CRR), which is a refined method that ensures...
- OIL MARKET OUTLOOK. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Feb2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p1
The article presents the outlook for oil market for the Middle East for 2012, expecting lower oil prices for Brent, subdued economic activity in developed markets, and persistent tightness of supply.