- Hunting sales still on target despite waning interest. Troy, Mike // Discount Store News;10/5/98, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p37
Focuses on the retail market for hunting equipment and supplies in the United States. Outlook for fall 1998; Efforts of retailers to maintain growth; Challenges facing retailers in maximizing their existing business; Areas of growth in the industry; Advertising of hunting equipment.
- What's Selling Where. // SHOT Business;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p48
The article features several sporting goods industry in the U.S. The Four Corners General Store offers a variety of general sporting goods, with muzzleloaders as its best selling equipment. Meanwhile, the Gun City offers 1,200 guns with its two best selling guns Taurus Model 85s and Ruger LCPs...
- Riding It Out. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Jan2008, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on increase in the sale of sporting goods due to the early advent of winters in the U.S. in 2007. As of the end of October 2007, ski clothing inventory was 10% higher than in 2006, while snowboard apparel inventory was 25% higher. However the retailers are still worried about...
- How do you maximize 'in-season' sales? // Archery Business;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p62
The article focuses on the strategies applied by several U.S. retailers to maximize in-season sales of bowhunting equipment and supplies. According to Ty Davis of Everything Archery in Memphis, Tennessee, they sell five bow lines and have three people handling service. Anthony Shifflet of...
- What's New. // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov2008, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p154
The article evaluates several hunting and outdoor products including the Hot Shot Hyper XT freestanding target from Hip Targets, the X-Force Dream Season HF hunting bow from PSE, the Mark and Terry Drury and Mountaineer Scent-Stop Jacket and Pants from Russell Outdoors.
- Trade news. // Bowhunter;Aug/Sep96, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p92
Reports on developments related to hunting equipment industry as of August 1996. Includes Anderson Archery's new owners; Sales representatives' purchase of Sherwood Schoch Representatives Inc.; Intercoastal Technologies' expansion of its production facility.
- Gander Mountain Plays to Win. Sullivan, Mark // SGB;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p30
Features Gander Mountain, a hunting and outdoor equipment and supplies retailer in the U.S. Number of stores of the company across the country by the end of 2004; Expected fiscal 2004 sales; Description of new Gander stores; Merchandise offered by Gander; Challenges faced by the retailer...
- Gearing up. Bourjaily, Philip; Licata, Anthony; Petzal, David E.; Mathiesen, Peter B. // Field & Stream;May2002, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p40
Offers several products for hunting, shooting and relevant outdoor sports. Boot insulators from Arcticshield; Garmin Rino 110 two-way radio with global positioning satellite system from Garmin Corp.; Browning Odyssey 2000 flashlight with LED lamps from Browning.
- A Close Look at Excellence. Petzal, David E. // Field & Stream;Oct2009, Vol. 114 Issue 6, p25
The article focuses on the superb balance of hunting bullets in the U.S. It notes the integration of bullet technology breakthroughs in the creation of hunting bullets. It examines the functionality and dependability of the Nosler Partition bullets which prevailed during the 1940s. Furthermore,...