GET 'OCUR'-SAVVY BEFORE VISTA DEBUTS
- Singapore pay-TV tender fails to attract new bids. Yap, Jimmy // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/3/2003, p5
A tender to run a second pay-TV operation in Singapore closed last month with no applications. Singapore's media regulators attributed the no-show to the market's tiny size and the current economic situation. Observers, however, noted that the Media Development Authority was also to blame for...
- Top pay-per-view events. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/06/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p44
Ranks the top pay-per-view events by category for the period covering 1990 to 1999. Categories include boxing; Wrestling and music programs; Ring sports; Telecast dates and viewership.
- THE DEMOS. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 29, p19
Presents statistics on cable television subscribers in the city of Richmond, Virginia in 2003.
- Lanbie Nairn rebrands for French news network. // Televisual;Feb2005, p9
Reports on the rebranding for cable news channel La Chaine Information by design agency Lamble Nairn in France. Creation of an overall toolkit to be used across the channel's news; Sequence of the main news title; Advancement of the channel's overall work.
- Just like homemade. Reveron, Derek // Latin Trade (English);Feb99, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p66
Reports on the efforts of Miami, Florida-based pay television networks serving the Latin American market to transmit original programming. Factors for the congregation of Latin American cable companies to Miami; Programming improvements by GEMS, CTG, Discovery Networks Latin America/Iberia and...
- Cable Ã la carte: Pay per channel. // Consumer Reports;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p61
Asserts that television cable companies are price-gouging and underserving consumers in the U.S. Annual increases of cable television service payments experienced by cable consumers; Suggested solution to the problem; Views of the Consumers Union.
- Dutch lead European cable penetration. // Advertising Age;4/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 17, pI-36
The article presents a graph highlighting the percentage of European television households that are subscribing to cable. The graph shows that Netherlands is the number one country in terms of the number of households with cable television subscription.
- More programs, less grammar. // B&T Weekly;10/29/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2495, p32
Reports on the new schedule for Australia's female-oriented pay television channel W.
- `We Don't Have to Care, We're the Cable Company.' Aufderheide, Pat // Progressive;Jan91, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p28
The article considers care and concern abuses within the U.S. cable industry. Cable looks like a luxury compared with broadcast television, but not to the residents of Madelia, Minnesota, a rural community where the only signals that come in clearly come through cable wires, And not to residents...