Cox Gets Southern Calif. Employees Into Ads
- LOCAL CABLE AD SALES. Applebaum, Simon // Television Week;1/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p22
Relates the strategic efforts of cable networks in the U.S. to raise more local and national spot advertising in 2004. Details of the advertisement package plan developed by Comcast Cable for local and statewide companies; Description of the "Kaboink! Club for Kids" launched by Time Warner...
- VOD's Mystery Numbers. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p24
Analyzes the market for video on demand (VOD) services from the cable television industry in the U.S. Strategy of Cox Communications Inc. in launching its VOD service; Percentage of VOD-enabled subscribers in Boston, Massachusetts and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Increase in VOD revenue in 2004;...
- Marketing. // CableFAX Daily;9/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 190, p3
The article reports on the off-air branding campaign to be launched by cable network Food in October 2005. Aim of the campaign is cited. Forms in which the campaign will appear are reported.
- CNBC hopes ads boost visibility of cable network. Fahey, Alison // Advertising Age;10/7/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 43, p24
Reports on the consumer campaign launched by CNBC to build awareness for the cable network following its acquisition of Financial News Network in 1991. Focus of the campaign; Shows featured in the campaign; Initiatives launched in support for the campaign.
- Nickelodeon wins 30% gain in kids upfront. Ross, Chuck // Advertising Age;2/3/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the rise in the advertising revenue of cable network, Nickelodeon, during 1996. The network is averaging cost-per-thousand increases of about 15 per cent. The network has also posted 15 per cent ratings increase for its programming lineup during the year. Several of...
- Sci-Fi Channel seeks agency for $4 mil acc't. // Advertising Age;11/25/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 48, p25
The article reports that the cable television network, the Sci-Fi Channel, is looking for an advertising agency for its $4 million account. According to the firm, it is looking for an agency that has a combination of brand building and creative expertise.
- Cable's Still Moving, Not Sailing. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;6/20/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p47
Compares advertising deals secured by cable television operators with major programmers in the U.S. Reasons behind the slow cable advertising sales; Impact of the plan of Procter & Gamble to cut its television spending, on cable advertisers.
- Canada cos. launch Ad on Demand network. Chiasson, Gail; Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;4/4/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 14, p20
Reports on the plans of TVA Group Inc. and etc.tv to launch the Advertising on Demand Network in the fall of 2005. Benefits of the network for the subscribers of the Illico digital cable service; Factor which may contribute to the success of the network.
- Cablers don't get much respect from advertisers. Dempsey, John // Variety;3/28/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on the challenges facing U.S. cable television networks in dealing with television advertisers. Percentage of advertising revenues gained by advertising-supported cable in primetime season; Reasons of advertisers for investing in broadcast television other than cable networks.