AWARDING TWO TO INSPIRE OTHERS
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Haugsted, Linda; Gibbons, Kent; Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;3/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p34
Presents news briefs related to the cable TV industry as of March 13, 2006. Impact of Hurricane Katrina on the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's national exhibition scheduled in New Orleans, Louisiana; Highlights on the annual Independent Spirt Awards hosted by Independent Film...
- The Case for Diversity. Rodgers, Jonathan // Multichannel News;9/11/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p27
This article emphasizes the importance of promoting diversity in the workforce of the cable television industry in the U.S. There is direct benefit to the industry of trying to reflect in its workforce the community it serves. An annual congress in New York City and a fund raising will highlight...
- Symonds Saysâ€¦. Symonds, Curtis // CableFAX Daily;9/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 172, p4
This article comments on the efforts of the cable television industry in the U.S. to embrace diversity. It is often said that the industry's efforts on this issue has been feeble. A story is narrated to illustrated the probable reason for this feeble efforts of the industry to embrace diversity....
- Cable's Emmy Haul Starts Creatively. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p41
This article focuses on live coverage of Emmy awards on cable television. Cable networks emerged with half of the awards from the Creative Arts portion of the Emmy Awards. HBO's most-honored show was "Carnivale," which received five Emmys, an amount equal to the entire take at the ceremony by...
- Rob Kennedy. Jones, Jacque // Television Week;5/3/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 18, pS16
Features Rob Kennedy, co-chief operating officer and executive vice-president of cable television network C-SPAN. Award to be received by Kennedy at the 2004 Vanguard Awards; Comments from Peter Kiley, director of affiliate relations at C-SPAN, regarding Kennedy; Career background. INSET: JUST...
- Just like homemade. Reveron, Derek // Latin Trade (English);Feb99, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p66
Reports on the efforts of Miami, Florida-based pay television networks serving the Latin American market to transmit original programming. Factors for the congregation of Latin American cable companies to Miami; Programming improvements by GEMS, CTG, Discovery Networks Latin America/Iberia and...
- Cable Ã la carte: Pay per channel. // Consumer Reports;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p61
Asserts that television cable companies are price-gouging and underserving consumers in the U.S. Annual increases of cable television service payments experienced by cable consumers; Suggested solution to the problem; Views of the Consumers Union.
- Dutch lead European cable penetration. // Advertising Age;4/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 17, pI-36
The article presents a graph highlighting the percentage of European television households that are subscribing to cable. The graph shows that Netherlands is the number one country in terms of the number of households with cable television subscription.
- More programs, less grammar. // B&T Weekly;10/29/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2495, p32
Reports on the new schedule for Australia's female-oriented pay television channel W.