California Cities Seek A Veto for Video Bill
- State of the State. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;10/26/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p67
In this article the author discusses the aspects of six bills designated by the California Chamber of Commerce in the U.S. He is critical on the measures vetoed by the Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on his tradition to reject bills with the job killer label. He cites the investigations regarding...
- Schwarzenegger Vetoes Biomonitoring Bill. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;10/19/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 34, p14
This article reports on the decision of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to veto a bill that would have required a state-wide biomonitoring program to test volunteers for exposure to chemicals. The bill would have provided only a partial snapshot of chemicals present in tested...
- Schwarzenegger Kills Bill to Allow Securitizing Promised Repayment. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/21/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33403, p28
The article reports that the bill that will allow local governments to use bonds to securitize the promised repayment has been vetoed by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in Almeda, California.
- Schwarzenegger vetoes bill on Nazi railroad legacies. // New Jersey Jewish News;10/7/2010, Vol. 64 Issue 40, p21
The article reports on the move of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to veto a bill which requires companies bidding on the state's high-speed rail contract to disclose their roles in transporting Jews to Nazi concentration camps.
- Governor signs seven GLBT bills, including Kehoe's tax relief legislation. Peña, Joseph // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/18/2007, Issue 1034, p10
The article reports that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has approved 97 bills including seven GLBT bills and vetoed 58 bills including AB 43 legislation about the legalization of same-sex marriage. It relates that Schwarzenegger has also signed the Senate Bill 559 passed by Senator...
- Schwarzenegger vetoes comp bills. Roberts, Sally // Business Insurance;10/6/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 40, p6
The article reports on the decision of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to veto two bills that opponents said would have rolled back workers compensation reforms and increased costs. The two California Senate bills would have changed two different areas of workers compensation...
- Schwarzenegger Vetoes Legislative Proposals. // SN: Supermarket News;10/4/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 40, p31
Reports on the two legislative proposals vetoed by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in October 2004 that would affect business development in October 2004. Effects of the minimum-wage proposal; Statement given by the governor on the superstore bill.
- Assembly committee OKs same-sex marriage. // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/19/2007, Issue 1008, p26
The article reports that the Judiciary Committee has approved the same-sex marriage bill by Assemblymember Mark Leno, which would allow same-sex couples to marry despite a veto threat by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and a continuing debate over the legislation's legality in California....
- State of the State. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;6/9/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p51
The author reflects on the issue over the list of legislative bills affecting the business sector in California. He stresses that some of the 34 bills including the implementation of taxes on transactions of goods and services over the Internet and environmental marketing have been listed as job...