Behind the Employee Curve on Diversity
- NAMIC Confab Turns 20. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/11/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p36
This article focuses on the 20th annual conference of the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Cable (NAMIC) which will be held at Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City. The conference will highlight the future of employment of colored people in the cable television industry in the U.S....
- Diversity. // CableFAX Daily;10/3/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 191, p1
Reports on the first diversity luncheon held by the National Association of Minorities in Cable. Highlights of the event.
- Preparing for Battle. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;3/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 13, p18
Focuses on threats experienced by the cable industry in preparation for the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) National Show in San Francisco, California from April 3 to 5, 2005. Estimated number of attendees of the show; Highlights of the convention.
- Beach Blanket Wisdom. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;11/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p52
Presents information on the ninth edition of Positively Cable, an annual event staged by the Denver chapter of Cable Positive in Colorado. Topics discussed in the event; Implications for cable users.
- Industry Still Fighting Diversity Battle. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p52
Discusses the opinion of cable operator executives on the issue of workforce diversity in the U.S. cable television industry in April 2005. Increase in the number of minority executives at the vice president level at Comcast Corp.; Disadvantages of having a diverse workforce in a cable...
- Avoiding a Diversity Weak Future. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/29/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p62
The article contends that the cable television sector continues to offer support to diversity through the NAMIC Conference and the Walter Kaitz Foundation dinner. According to the author, the two organizations have highlighted the issue of diversity in cable via congresses, seminars, dinners,...
- Diversity Event Hits a Milestone. Waldman, Allison J. // Television Week;9/11/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p25
The article highlights the 2006 annual conference of the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications (NAMIC) held at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City on September 10 to 12, 2006. The focus of the 20th NAMIC conference is on issues as complex as diversity in the workplace...
- NAMIC Praises, Prods Cable on Minority Hiring. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/22/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p5
The article reports on the 22nd National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications Conference and the Walter Kaitz Foundation fundraising dinner held in New York on September 14-16, 2008. According to the author, the fundraising dinner collected more than $1.7 million. Both events, the...
- NAMIC Conference Embraces Change. Clarke, R. Melanie // Multichannel News;9/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p16B
Focuses on the changes in the 2003 National Association for Minorities in Communications conference for diversity in the U.S. cable industry. Remarks from executive Kathy Johnson on the conference; Purpose of the mentoring program of NAMIC; Features of the conference's Hot Topics panel discussion.