Comcast: Over 3 Billon Served
- HD VOD takes center stage in on-demand world. Robuck, Mike // CED;Mar2008, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p44
The article focuses on the increasing demand of high-definition (HD) video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. HD VOD is the spearhead of Comcast's VOD strategy, where it plans to offer more than 1,000 HD movies, television (TV) shows and other viewing choices by the end of 2008. Time Warner...
- Puttin' on the Hits. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the decision of cable television operators to include top-rating programs in their video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. Factors that affect the interest of cable operators to include hit shows in their VOD offerings; Background on the deals entered into by Comcast and DirectTV;...
- The City of Steel Sheds Its Old Ways. // Cable World (10427228);6/30/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p28
Presents information on cable television programming service of Comcast in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Changes to the systems of Comcast after its merger with AT&T; Bandwidth capacity of the company; Basic customers; Basic rate. INSET: MEET THE OPERATOR.
- Net scares up auds. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;5/3/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on the move of FEARnet in continuing to make strong invasions in its distribution and programming pipelines in New York through getting a major linear and video on demand (VOD) push on Time Warner Cable, Verizon Fios and Comcast Corp., and acquiring a pair of half-hour comedies.
- COMCAST ENTICES LATINO VIEWERS WITH FREE VOD. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;9/23/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p8
The article reports on the launch of Xfinity Freeview Latino, a two-week promotion for subscribers to have free on-demand access to 1,000 hours of content in Spanish and English, by entertainment, information and communications products and services provider Comcast on September 16, 2013.
- Cable nets hand out awards for branding. Dempsey, John // Variety;04/20/98, Vol. 370 Issue 10, p21
Provides information on the Music Television (MTV) Video Music Awards, a cable-network show in New York. Comments on the show; Why awards shows are valued according to Tim Spengler of Western International Media; Cable events that have improved their audience delivery; Reason for inventing the...
- Comcast an Early 'Sleeper' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p6
Focuses on the subscription video-on-demand (VOD) service being offered by Comcast Corp. via cable television network Showtime in the U.S. Inclusion of a proprietary Internet video package in the VOD arrangement; Television programs featured on VOD; Advantages of the service.
- VOD Discovery for Comcast. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/21/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 54, p6
Reports on the deal struck by cable operator Comcast Corp. with Discovery Networks Inc. for free video-on-demand (VOD) programming from a batch of Discovery-owned channels to Comcast subscribers in the U.S. Television programs included in the VOD offerings; Details of the agreement.
- Showtime Offers Freebies. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p2
Reports on the plan of Showtime to supply Comcast Corp. with some of its television programs for the MSO's free video-on-demand service. Highlights of the service; Negotiation between Comcast and other pay television programmers; Remarks from Comcast chairman and CEO Brian Roberts.