Dynamic Backing for 'jackass' Movie
- TOP 25 Cable NETWORKS. // Advertising Age;5/31/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 22, pS-17
Presents a chart of the top 25 cable networks in 2003 based on advertising revenue. Nickelodeon; Music Television; USA Network.
- Nickelodeon wins 30% gain in kids upfront. Ross, Chuck // Advertising Age;2/3/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the rise in the advertising revenue of cable network, Nickelodeon, during 1996. The network is averaging cost-per-thousand increases of about 15 per cent. The network has also posted 15 per cent ratings increase for its programming lineup during the year. Several of...
- Cable home-penetration rate keeps rising, but new competitors could fragment market. Whalen, Bernie // Marketing News;11/25/1983, Vol. 17 Issue 24, Special section p1
The article focuses on the growth of the cable television industry due to rising household penetration in the U.S. According to the National Cable Television Association (NCTA), cable television has penetrated 32% to 40% of households. Cable advertising revenues increase 50% every year and could...
- Just like homemade. Reveron, Derek // Latin Trade (English);Feb99, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p66
Reports on the efforts of Miami, Florida-based pay television networks serving the Latin American market to transmit original programming. Factors for the congregation of Latin American cable companies to Miami; Programming improvements by GEMS, CTG, Discovery Networks Latin America/Iberia and...
- Cable Ã la carte: Pay per channel. // Consumer Reports;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p61
Asserts that television cable companies are price-gouging and underserving consumers in the U.S. Annual increases of cable television service payments experienced by cable consumers; Suggested solution to the problem; Views of the Consumers Union.
- Dutch lead European cable penetration. // Advertising Age;4/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 17, pI-36
The article presents a graph highlighting the percentage of European television households that are subscribing to cable. The graph shows that Netherlands is the number one country in terms of the number of households with cable television subscription.
- More programs, less grammar. // B&T Weekly;10/29/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2495, p32
Reports on the new schedule for Australia's female-oriented pay television channel W.
- `We Don't Have to Care, We're the Cable Company.' Aufderheide, Pat // Progressive;Jan91, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p28
The article considers care and concern abuses within the U.S. cable industry. Cable looks like a luxury compared with broadcast television, but not to the residents of Madelia, Minnesota, a rural community where the only signals that come in clearly come through cable wires, And not to residents...
- ESPN PLAYS HARDBALL IN FEE DISPUTE. Wu, Nelson H. // Variety;12/9/2002, Vol. 389 Issue 4, p36
Reports that pay television network ESPN has threatened to pull out of the Taiwan market by December 31, 2002 if cable system operators carry out their threat to cut by almost half the fees they pay the network. Dispute between foreign cable networks and the local cable television industry;...