QUALITY MANAGEMENT Solving Problems by the Numbers
- Turbocharge Your Preventive Action System. Sittsamer, Murray J.; Oxley, Michael R.; O'hara, William // Quality Progress;Nov2007, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p37
The article focuses on layered process audit (LPA), a quality tool originally launched as a quality improvement initiative. It is stated that LPA can be used to improve quality and productivity and to lower costs by amplifying problem solving solutions and making ongoing improvement almost...
- Applying Six Sigma to Your Organization: Benefits and Considerations. Isakson, Mike // Franchising World;May2004, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p25
Explains the impact of the total quality management concept of Six Sigma on an organization. History of the creation of Six Sigma in 1987; Effect of implementing Six Sigma standards on the capabilities of an organization; Significance of the statistics used by Six Sigma to the decision-making...
- Statistical Process Control at Motorola's Austin Assembly Plant . Kumar, Sanjoy; Gupta, Yash P. // Interfaces;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p84
Many organizations are making massive investments in new manufacturing technologies; at the same time, they are implementing new quality assurance (QA) systems to achieve high quality products. Motorola, a forerunner, has implemented a total quality management (TQM) system at its Austin assembly...
- Using Process Mapping as a Quality Tool. Collins, Philippa // Management Services;Mar1997, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p24
The article focuses on using process mapping as a quality tool. Today's managers are faced with a plethora of problem-solving tools and techniques to apply to the complexities of organisation. Too few quality managers yet understand how computer technology can be used as a management tool, not...
- An Environmental Reward. Harris, Terry // Management Services;Oct94, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p16
The article focuses on BS7750, the quality management standard, the standard against which environmental performance could be judged. It sets out the specification for an Environmental management System (EMS). It provides the means of enabling an organization to reduce and control the impact of...
- Quality Assurance of Different Potent Drugs Manufacture on the same Technological Line. Balmoş, Miheala // Quality - Access to Success;2012, Vol. 13 Issue 128, p92
In Romania, all pharmaceutical manufacturers must have authorization for manufacturing and good manufacturing practice certificate issued by the National Agency for Medicines and Medical Devices of the Ministry of Health. The rules of good manufacturing practice (RBPF) have been approved for the...
- Measuring 'Quality' Williams, Thomas A. // Quality;Oct2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p6
Comments on direct result of better manufacturing and quality practices and tools. Definition of terms; Use of charts, histograms or measurement devices; Data analysis.
- Time to Shine. Sanders, Seiche // Quality Progress;Nov2012, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p5
An introduction is presented to articles in this issue on the use of quality management in daily life, on economic aspects of law and on Tgestiona, a company in Argentina which won a Team Excellence Award from the American Society for Quality (ASQ).
- Should you centralize quality? Mehta, Pradip // Quality Progress;Sep2013, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p8
The article provides an answer to a question of specific factors to consider when deciding the best model for quality management and governance.