TSIC Makes Progress Toward Safety and Reliability Improvement Goals
- TALKING HEADS. Weatherley, Brian // Commercial Motor;6/29/2006, Vol. 203 Issue 5184, Special Section p5
The article focuses on issues discussed at the Trailer 2006 round-table organised by the periodical "Commercial Motor." The issue of health and safety has affected trailer operators. The demand for management data logging and communication functions in trailers have increased. Customers had a...
- LARRY'S SAFETY CLINIC. Kotkowski, Larry // Equipment Echoes;Spring2014, Issue 112, p2
The article offers safety tips for securing equipment on trailers including knowing the weight of the object being loaded on the trailer, ensuring that any straps that are used are protected from sharp edges, and carrying extra chains and binders to replace problem equipment.
- What's the forecast? SAUER, BRUCE // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2013, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p55
The article discusses future trends in the trucking and truck trailers industries, as presented at the annual transportation conference hosted by FTR, an American freight analysis and forecasting company. Several presenters at the conference weighed in on issues facing the trucking industry...
- TTMA Engineering Committee. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2005, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p50
Presents photographs of the engineering committee of the Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association.
- Adhesive tape passes road test. Field, Karen Auguston // Design News;4/3/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p67
Reports on the high-bond strength adhesive tape used by Featherlite Manufacturing Co., builder of trailers in a variety of sizes and formats. Major requirements from a tape; Comments from Bob Gast, engineering manager at Featherlite; Advantage of the tape over a mechanical fastener.
- Meritor expands aftermarket parts outlet. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2013, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p12
The article announces that Meritor Inc., an Edmonton, Alberta-based supplier of aftermarket replacement parts and drivetrain components for trucks and trailers, is expanding its business operations in North America.
- Raising kids, raising companies. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2012, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p4
The author focuses on the commercial truck and trailer industry. He compares backyard shops to children who fail to follow rules set by their parents. He contends that backyard shops, like pushy children, produce regardless of safety concerns because of short term gains. He believes that...
- TTMA looks ahead at 63rd convention. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2005, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p26
Reports on the 63rd convention of the Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association in the U.S. in 2005. Emphasis of the convention on market analysis and forecasts on the trucking industry; Report presented by Thom Albrecht, an investment banker at Stephens Inc., during the event; List of...
- Industry strong, but economy slowing. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2005, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p28
Focuses on the results of the report "The U.S. and World Economic Outlook: Implications for the U.S. Trailer Industry," presented by Ken Kremar of the Industry Practices Group to the Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association in 2005. Performance of the trailer-buying markets in 2004; Deceleration...