LIGHTING REGULATIONS Guide for Checking Rear Lamps and Reflectors on Trailers
- New lamps for old. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Feb2001, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p6
Discusses the proposal of federal regulators in the transportation industry in the United States to add an in-cab warning light in trailers. Discussion on the cost effectiveness of the proposal; Adoption of an industry-wide system that would send the ABS message over the trailer's power line;...
- Solar-powered road reflectors are the cat's whiskers. // Engineer (00137758);4/5/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7596, p5
Provides information on the invention of solar-powered road reflectors for motorists by Martin Dicks, a former fireman from London, England. Use of stored solar energy in the invention; Purpose of a blue light version of the invention.
- Is conspicuity as effective as it could be? // Overdrive;Mar98, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p131
Reports on the results of an evaluation of different conspicuity treatments for the rear and sides of trailers in various nighttime conditions conducted by the University of Brunswick in Canada. Reflective materials used to increase trailer conspicuity; Comparison with requirements in the...
- Understanding LED Technology. Knisley, Joe // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Apr2002, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p54
Presents the use of light-emitting diodes technology. Conversion of electric energy; Shape of the reflector cup; Consideration of the wavelength and color of the light.
- LASER ABLATION IMPROVES TEXTURE CONSISTENCY & QUALITY. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Design & Production;Mar2012, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p58
The article discusses the usage of laser ablation (LA) by automobile makers to boost texture consistency and quality level of their vehicles. Among the advantages of LA include the provision of visual grains on instrumental panels and center consoles, and the possibility of layering of the...
- BAGS OF FUN. Parker, Craig // Street Machine;Sep2003, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p112
Provides information on air bag suspension systems. Design of air bag systems in most aftermarket air bag systems; Discussion on the two most commonly used bags; Bag standards.
- Conspicuity. Wilson, Marilyn // Fleet Owner;Aug2000, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p74
Deals with the June 1, 2001 deadline of the retrofitting of trailers by trucks in order to meet the federal conspicuity tape requirements of the United States. Colors of the retro-reflective or reflex reflectors to be outfitted to trailers; Application of the conspicuity tape; Trucks exempted...
- Tractors to get reflective tape. Bontz, Rita // Overdrive;Oct96, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p56
Reports on the two moves announced by Transportation Secretary Federico Pena to prevent traffic crashes with trucks by making them more visible in the dark and in bad weather. Requirement for truck tractors manufactured starting July 1, 1997 to be equipped with reflectors or reflective tape;...
- NHTSA wants airbag cutoffs. Frame, Phil // Automotive News;11/11/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5686, p1
Reports on the efforts of American federal safety regulators to order car manufactures to make cut off switches optional on all vehicles immediately. Deaths resulting from airbag accidents; Cost of installing switches; Holding of a meeting by automobile makers and suppliers to address the air...