Refuse truck/street-sweeper industry report
- The move to automated refuse collection. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2005, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p79
Focuses on the automated refuse collection industry in the U.S. Reason for the popularity of mechanized garbage trucks; Benefits from automated refuse equipment; Obstacles in selling automated refuse equipment.
- Tracking NEW Introductions. Deierlein, Bob // Waste Age;Aug2000, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p94
Describes some of the trucks and trucking supplies exhibited at the 2000 International Truck Show held in Las Vegas, Nevada, which can be used for solid waste management operations. Lightweight day cab version of the Vision model from Mack Trucks; Class 2-3 Sprinter van from Freightliner...
- Truck makers make strides with hybrid technologies. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;10/10/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p15
This article reports that a couple of well-known truck companies are looking to advance hybrid technology. It is believed that research today could lead to commercialization of hybrids in the trash truck business. Hybrid technology which marries traditional fossil fuel with a battery system to...
- The 2009 Report on Side-Loading Garbage and Refuse Packer-Type Truck Bodies Sold Separately: World Market Segmentation by City. Parker, Philip M. // City Segmentation Reports;1/17/2010, pN.PAG
A report that summarizes the economic potential for major cities in more than 200 countries around the globe for side-loading garbage and refuse packer-type truck bodies sold separately for 2009 is presented. It provides latent demand or potential industry earnings (PIE) estimates for the...
- Ashfield given a year to show excellence. // Motor Transport;4/29/2004, p6
Reports on the decision of Tom Macartney, North-Eastern traffic commissioner of the British Traffic Commission, to delay the suspension of the truck licence of the Ashfield District Council in Great Britain. Information on an inquiry into weight overloads of refuse trucks; Consequences of...
- WRN special edition: Iconic garbage truck. // Waste & Recycling News;1/9/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p0005
The article presents the author's insights on garbage trucks. The author cites the role of garbage trucks in waste collection in the U.S. and notes the upcoming "100 Years of the Garbage Truck" issue of the journal "Waste and Recycling News" (WRN). Moreover, the author invites readers to submit...
- Get rigged, smooth rider. Deierlein, Bob // World Wastes;Dec97, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p42
Presents an array of parts for refuse collection trucks in the United States. Tires; Retread; Engines; Chassis; Suspensions and transmissions.
- Volvo lowers the bar... Weatherley, Brian // Commercial Motor;10/29/2009, Vol. 210 Issue 5355, p14
A preview of the FE 26-tonne low-entry refuse truck from Volvo Trucks UK is presented.
- Chapter IV PORTRAITS. // Waste & Recycling News;10/15/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p0057
An introduction to Chapter IV Portraits is presented in which the author talks about the stories of the builders, drivers, and enthusiasts among others, that helped transform the garbage trucks that clean communities and inspire awe into an icon.