News @ a glance
- HPV vaccine a step nearer. // Pulse;10/15/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 40, p14
Reports on the possibility of introducing the vaccine Gardasil for the prevention of cervical cancer in Great Britain.
- answer back. Jenkins, David; Ryan, Kate // Pulse;2/10/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p84
Presents question and answer advisory related to medicine in Great Britain. Development of vaccine for cervical cancer; Assessment of folate deficiency; Types of vaccines in development for cervical cancer.
- coming your way. // Pulse;2/5/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p7
Reports developments on medical topics in Great Britain. Development of a vaccine to wipe out cervical cancer; Stimulation of the regrowth of nerve fibers; Reduction of snoring.
- 'It's a can of worms': understanding primary care practitioners' behaviours in relation to HPV using the theoretical domains framework. McSherry, Lisa A.; Dombrowski, Stephan U.; Francis, Jill J.; Murphy, Judith; Martin, Cara M.; O¨Leary, John J.; Sharp, Linda // Implementation Science;2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p73
Background: The relationship between infection with high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV) and cervical cancer is transforming cervical cancer prevention. HPV tests and vaccinations have recently become available. In Ireland, as elsewhere, primary care practitioners play a key role in prevention....
- Assessment of HPV vaccination. Szarewski, Anne // GP: General Practitioner;7/25/2008, p36
The article reports on the role of HPV vaccines in the prevention of cervical cancer and genital warts. Vaccines should be administered prior to the onset of sexual activity for optimal protection. It should be pondered that antibody responses induced by all vaccines are higher pre-puberty...
- HPV and Cervical Cancer. Leaver, Dennis; Labonte, Geri // Radiation Therapist;Spring2010, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p27
Human papillomaviruses (HPVs) are estimated to cause a half million cases of cervical cancer worldwide each year. This article reviews the connection between HPVs and cervical cancer, discusses the HPV vaccine and provides an overview of cervical cancer symptoms, staging and treatment. Case...
- What If Preventing Cancer Is as Easy as Being Vaccinated? Biedrzycki, Barbara A. // ONS News;Aug2006, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p9
The article reports on the development of a human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine intended for the prevention of cervical cancer among men and women worldwide. HPV has been sought to be the most common sexually transmitted disease with 20 million men and women have been infected. With the approval...
- New Liver Disease Defense. Harrar, Sarí; Dawidowska, Kasia // Prevention;Nov2003, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p174
Reports on the approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration of human studies of an experimental hepatitis C virus (HCV) vaccine. Effect of the HCV vaccine on the immune system; Reason for the difficulty in treating HCV.
- Breaking news. // New Zealand Doctor;7/26/2006, p4
Presents news briefs related to the medical sector in New Zealand. Approval of the use of a vaccine against cervical cancer and genital warts by Medsafe; Decision to charge patients of private specialists throughout the country for laboratory tests; Amount of pharmaceutical funding increase...