- Bridging the Damages Gap. SAVAGE, DAVID G. // ABA Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p40
Deals with job-bias cases in the United States. Details on a lawsuit filed by Carole Kolstad against the American Dental Association claiming job discrimination; Information on Kolstad.
- New Damages Insurance. Savage, David G. // ABA Journal;Aug99, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p48
Discusses the anti-discrimination policies which shield companies from punitive damages. Expansion of Civil Rights Act of 1991 to give workers the right to jury trial and punitive damages; Information on the case of Carole Kolstad, wherein a successful plaintiff was entitled to punitives;...
- Disability ruling offers guidelines. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;06/21/99, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p1
Looks at the implications of a Denver, Colorado appellate court ruling on the `Geneva M. Smith vs. Midland Brake Inc.' Provision of employers with a road map to follow in offering reassignment to disabled employees; Details of the case; Charges of violation of the American With Disabilities...
- Sizing up punishment for job bias. Richey, Warren // Christian Science Monitor;3/1/99, Vol. 91 Issue 64, p1
Discusses a case regarding gender discrimination before the United States Supreme Court in March, 1999. Question of whether Carole Kolstad should have been awarded punitive damages in her successful discrimination lawsuit against the American Dental Association (ADA); Potential effects of the...
- Gender discrimination training: insurance policy against liability? // Corporate University Review;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the ruling of the United States Supreme Court on the lawsuit filed by Carol Kolstad against the American Dental Association which centered on gender discrimination. Background information on the case; Basis of the ruling; Views of Stephen Paskoff, an attorney and president of...
- The changing workforce. // Workforce;Jan97 Supplement Tools, Vol. 76, p5
Views the idea of staff leasing as one alternative to the traditional employer-employee relationship. List of nontraditional employment situations; Primary employer concerns regarding independent contractors, leased employees, part-time employees and seasonal employees.
- Suit anybody but yourself. // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Nov97, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p13
Focuses on the changes in the basic employment relationships in the United States. Statistics of US labor force; Changes in the US workplace; Increasing case of sexual harassment in the workplace.
- John E. Burns Reports. Burns, John E. // Industrial Management;Jul73, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p15
Reports developments related to labor and industrial relations in the U.S. as of July 1973. Information on the apprenticable occupations recognized by the U.S. Dept. of Labor; Number of women municipal police officers in the nation; Increase of penalties for the knowing recruitment or...
- The trust deficit. Davis, Tom; Landa, Michael J. // CMA Magazine;Dec98/Jan99, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p12
Discusses trust deficit in the relationship between employees and their managers, according to studies. Characteristics of the Canadian labor relations; Ratio of Canadian employees that do not trust the people they work for; What caused the greater polarization between management and the work...