Plan Ahead for Investment Management Fees
- Time for change? Clitheroe, Paul // Money (Australia Edition);May2005, Issue 4, p82
Explains the reasons behind the need for reviewing the quality of superannuation choices offered by fund managers. Ways to review the quality of fund managers; Discussion on superannuation fund options; Information on the fees and charges for superannuation funds.
- Fee cap is a major step in simplifying the process. FINDLATER, FREDDIE // Money Marketing;7/10/2014, Issue 1445, p41
The article focuses on the Aegon Retirement Choices platform launched by financial services firm Aegon in November 2011. Topics covered include the percentage growth posted by the company, the decision by the firm to cap the total platform fee and the response by financial advisers to the fee...
- 'Professionals prefer impartial fee-based advice' // Money Marketing;9/11/2003, p13
Cites the result of a survey pertaining to commission-based financial adviser's advice in Great Britain. Preference of advisers for a financial planning service rather than financial advice service; Implication on adviser fees.
- The coming investor revolt. Fierman, Jaclyn; Smyth, Kathleen C. // Fortune;10/31/1994, Vol. 130 Issue 9, p66
Discusses how investors, fed up with poor returns, are contemplating a new payment system for their money managers that is based on the manager's performance. How money managers are among the most overpaid professionals in the United States; Why most managers dread performance-based fees...
- Asset-manager investor expects prices to drop. Fraser, Katharine; Garmhausen, Stephen // American Banker;7/14/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 133, p17
Reports on the projected decline in the prices of institutional money managers in the United States as of July 14, 1997.
- Pressure on fees mounts. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Pensions & Investments;4/29/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p2
Reports that money managers are under pressure to hold down investment management fees, according to findings of a survey on money management fees. Survey by `Pension & Investments' magazine; Disparities in fees; Median's fee for a $5 million international equity account and a $20 million one; ...
- Vintage profits. Gray, Malcolm; Brown, Steve // Public Finance;03/14/97, p22
Discusses the fees paid to investment managers. Cost structure; Lack of increase in cost in managing an additional account; Charging of fees on the value of the funds managed; Absence of pressure to reduce costs; Implication of performance-related fees; Focus on results in the evaluation of...
- Revealing manager fees. // Pensions & Investments;1/6/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p10
Editorial. Comments on fees and charges of money managers in the U.S. Ignorance of money management fees by plan sponsors; Need for proper fees analysis.
- Managers willing to negotiate. // Pensions & Investments;1/24/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p69
Reports on the results of a survey by William M. Mercer Inc. on the willingness of investment managers to negotiate their investment management fees. Common threshold cited for beginning to negotiate fees; Median active equity investment management fees; Fees for fixed-income portfolios; Fees...