Employee Access to Pension Info Is a Must
- This week's question. Glenn, David J. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/6/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p18
Presents a question and answer advisory on human resources management in the U.S. Types of retirement plan; Flexibility of benefits package; Determination of company stock.
- Firms risk tribunal claims following age bias ruling. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;9/17/2002, p1
Focuses on the effort of the human resource professionals on the retirement policies of older workers. Validity of dismissal claims; Indication on sex discrimination problems; Consideration on the justifications for retirement ages.
- Why working lives must be extended. Reday-Mulvey, Genevieve; Taylor, Philip // People Management;5/16/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p24
Assesses the awareness of government, employers, trade unions and older workers of Great Britain on the disadvantages of early retirement. Information about gradual retirement program; Countries who adopted the gradual retirement program; Advantages of gradual retirement. INSETS: Relaxing the...
- Executive Briefing. Miller, Lynn // HR Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p12
Presents information on matters related to personnel management. Details of a study on the disadvantages for employees of automatic enrollment in retirement plans; Inclusion of the position of corporate memory manager in companies.
- HUMAN RESOURCES. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/6/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p6
This section offers news briefs related to the human resources (HR) sector in Utah including the results of a July 2010 survey on business owners' approach to their retirement amid the economic downturn and the new "Robert Half International Professional Employment Report" that predicts an...
- HELPING EMPLOYEES RETIRE. Rath, J. Arthur // Management Review;Oct85, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p46
Describes several innovative approaches some companies are applying to help retiring employees. Initiation of pre-retirement programs; Importance of retirement issues; Need for companies' retirement programs to be well-funded; Measures for evaluating pre-retirement planning programs.
- Better benefits help small business lure key employees. Thoma, G. Stephen // Fairfield County Business Journal;08/11/97, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p13
Looks at some of the most common objectives small-business owners have for offering retirement plans in the United States. Types of plans that might help accomplish each objective; Simplified Employee Pension plan; Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees plans; Prevalence of 401(k) plans;...
- A one-stop shop for retirement plans. // Business NH Magazine;Jun99, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on the impact of retirement plans on the ability of companies to attract and retain employees. Legislation making retirement plans more affordable and less time-consuming for small companies to administer; Retirement plan options for small businesses; Impact on employee attitude and morale.
- Mutual Benefits of Corporate Retirement Planning Programs. Esteban Jr., Julio // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Summer85, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p19
Discusses information on corporate retirement planning programs (RPP). Approaches to retirement program; Characteristics of a successful RPP; Role of employers in RPP; Benefits of a successful RPP on corporate management.