Stressed to the limit
- Stress strategies. Lynn, Jacquelyn // Entrepreneur;Dec1996, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p41
Offers tips from Steelcase Inc. senior researcher Paul Allie, for reducing workplace stress for employees. Includes reducing uncertainty; Providing regular feedback; Considering offering flexitime.
- Stress Busters. // Working Mother;Mar2002, p9
Shares the strategies of selected employees in the United States, on how to manage job stress. Massage therapy; Cleaning off one's desk to feel more in control; Taking a walk or go shopping.
- Human Resource Enhancement Through Mediation Training. Wehrle-Einhorn, Robert J.; Wehrle-Einhorn, Juanita L. // Labor Law Journal;Mar94, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p157
Discusses the use of mediation training to empower human resources. Prevention of work stress; Physical environment; Adult socialization and definition of self-concept; Diversity in the socio-cultural environment; Mediation training process; Case simulations and role playing; Issue identification.
- Long live long lunches. // Financial Management;Nov2001, p46
Reports on the result of a survey conducted by HSBC and the Tea Council that breaks plays a significant role in reducing stress among employees. Examples of fun activities during lunchtime.
- Management Q&A. Addressing management issues. Dobb, Christine; Lee, David; Pontius, C. Anne // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Dec2010, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p38
The article provides an answer to a question on minimizing employee stress due to layoff.
- The de-stress call. Scott, Anna // People Management;1/25/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p16
The article focuses on the approaches that can be taken by employers to deal with workplace stress. It cites the implications of the increased number of employees in Great Britain who feel very or extremely stressed according to the "National Statistics Labour Force Survey." It emphasizes the...
- On The Management Side. Pollock, Ted // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Apr2000, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p10
Presents tips on industrial and personnel management. How employees ways time and how to deal with it; How to break bad news; Ways to promote change; Methods of minimizing job pressures.
- …In which Bideawhile copes with stress. // Works Management;Oct2005, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p96
Chronicles trends in the manufacturing industry in Great Britain. Requirement for employers to ensure that their employee are not suffering from stress in the workplace; Program aimed at understanding the work and home pressures of underperformers; Employee attitude survey.
- Can't everyone just get along? // Administrative Professional Today;Jan2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p7
The article offers suggestions that will boost relationship among employees in the workplace. It cites the creation of opportunities to celebrate at regular intervals by a Fun Committee at reader Mark Baron's company to defuse stressed-out, tense workplace. It advises employers to find something...